Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two WW2 German Guns

Article about: I've been looking to purchase a WW2 German gun for a while, and have come across 2 on GunBroker. The first is a Walther PP 7.65mm. It appears to be correct to me, just with an import stamp a

Default Two WW2 German Guns

I've been looking to purchase a WW2 German gun for a while, and have come across 2 on GunBroker. The first is a Walther PP 7.65mm. It appears to be correct to me, just with an import stamp and Russian capture mark as the description states. The second is a 1921 Luger 9mm, the finish and grips have been refinished or replaced, but it still looks very nice. I'd like to get additional opinions on these as I'm conflicted on which to go for Thanks!

Two WW2 German GunsTwo WW2 German GunsTwo WW2 German GunsTwo WW2 German GunsTwo WW2 German Guns

(Link to the Walther: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/730391863)

Two WW2 German GunsTwo WW2 German GunsTwo WW2 German GunsTwo WW2 German Guns

(Link to the Luger: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/732980894)

If I was choosing between the two, I'd go for the PP. Mainly because I'd be buying it for its history, and the pistol is closer to its 'original' appearance. The Russian capture mark wouldn't dissuade me, as that's as much a part of the firearm's history as anything else.
    While the Luger looks fancy, there's just something a bit tacky about the bright silver finish and the mother of pearl grips. Like something Hitler or Göring would have carried.

B.B.

?

I would choose the PP also.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thank y'all for the quick replies! Do y'all see any obvious red flags with the Walther? I like the original look it has, and would also love to get to shoot it if it checked out haha

I'd purchase the PP as well.

I would pass completely on Liberace's Luger. PP is ok. Are you looking for a gun to shoot? What are they asking for the PP?

Right now the PP is at $550, but I expect that price to rise since it’s an auction. I’d like the shoot it some, but probably not too much

For me that would be about it on the price. Russian capture, broken grip and finish missing taken into consideration. You can get a 95% non Russian for around $900-1000. Condition is everything. It's a fine gun with history, just all depends on price for me.

MAP
    ?

Is that rifling worn out on that PP? Looks pretty beat up to me from the photo.

The lugar? I wouldn't touch it as a representative example. A pimped up piece IMHO.

Liberace's Luger??? LoL!!!! But true.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Was the PPK also an export during the period as Im seeing the word " Germany " near the trigger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast