Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Ukraine relic tank gun shipping?

Article about: hi folks a couple of years back i found and dug up a ww2 british covenanter tank. i have been slowly gathering parts and restoring it since. i pretty much have everything i need except for t

Default Ukraine relic tank gun shipping?

hi folks

a couple of years back i found and dug up a ww2 british covenanter tank. i have been slowly gathering parts and restoring it since. i pretty much have everything i need except for the 2 pounder tank gun.

i have seen one for sale in the ukraine, it's a dug up relic from a lend lease tank, so could have been valentine or matilda, (not sure if we sent 2 pounder churchills). anyway i need to ship it from ukraine but don't know of the legality with regard to ukraines historical relic laws.

has anyone ever dealt with a relic gun from ukraine and could offer some help. thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ukraine relic tank gun shipping?   Ukraine relic tank gun shipping?  

Ukraine relic tank gun shipping?  

Your first port of call should be to check the legality of importing it to the UK and then take it from there with regards to ukrainian law. Below is the enquiry email address for the import licensing branch of the DFIT.

enquiries.ilb@trade.gov.uk

thanks, the uk side is fairly straight forward as it's a relic and has therefore been deactivated by other means. what i am worried about is falling foul of ukranian law with regard to relics, even if it actually originated from here in the uk in the first place, they may still take a dim view of it.

?

The most straightforward thing is to use a UK arms importer with a section 5 licence to do it all for you. They charge a fee, but it is all covered. Don’t be fooled by the whole ‘deactivated by another means’ stuff, legally it is still a firearm and needs to go through proper channels. Maybe call D&B Miltaria or Worldwide Arms and see if they can help or point you in the right direction.

Good luck with it...

With reference to the question of Ukranian policy on historical relics I would ask at the Ukraine embassy in London. They have a website so maybe start there?

Let us know how you get on as I am sure the info will be useful to others. Also (I'm sure you will) let us see how you get along with your project. I've always wanted to do something like that, just don't have the time or, crucially the wherewithal

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

You found a tank... HOLY SH*T NICE

*sorry off-topic

i approached a london based firearms importer and got an email back saying they won't import the gun or even advise me. looks like i will have to try elsewhere

PRE
    ?

Keep at it! I just wanted to update this from my side of the pond to show continued interest in your quest. Any updates?

Pat

i've contacted the seller to let him know i can't complete the purchase, so he may have sold it on but it's unlikely, i will try another firearms dealer and see what happrens

This might sound like a silly idea, but I wonder if it would be worth contacting the Bovington Tank Museum. Maybe they could advise you somehow.