Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown Japanese Rifle

Article about: Can someone please identify this WWII Japanese rifle? Its the only Japaneses piece I have in my collection and I don't know anything about it. I bought it for \\$200 some years ago because the

Default Unknown Japanese Rifle

Unknown Japanese RifleUnknown Japanese RifleUnknown Japanese RifleUnknown Japanese RifleUnknown Japanese RifleUnknown Japanese RifleUnknown Japanese RifleUnknown Japanese RifleUnknown Japanese RifleUnknown Japanese Rifle

Can someone please identify this WWII Japanese rifle? Its the only Japaneses piece I have in my collection and I don't know anything about it. I bought it for $200 some years ago because the owner thought the bolt was broken, but in fact it was not.

Casey ~

Type 99... and gorgeous!

She is a beauty, aircraft sights and mum intact, what a deal!

Thank you

Yes indeed. There are actually two rifles here, a Mauser K98 and a Japanese Type 99, a really nice one and $200 was a bargain.

Sorry..trying to work and answer.. Type 99 arisaka. Definitely ww2 period.. Looks a bit shiny on the stock so probably refinished.. But absolutely beautiful!! Nice find!

Yeah it does look to be in great condition from what I can see in your photos. Caliber should be 7.7 for a Type 99. Not sure of values for Japanese Type 99s these days but am sure worth a lot more than they went for back in the 70s. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I was wondering anout the k98 in there..

Me too on the 98. Appreciate some info on the markings.

And when I say a fefinished stock I actually am glad on most that they are refinished. If you can find a 75+ year old rifle with possible jungle combat that isn't refinished, I doubt it will look as gorgeous as that one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast