Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Urgent Appeal to have the previous 2010 UK Deactivation Standard and all other National Deativation Standards in Europe, recognised by the EU

Article about: I greatly hope that all the members have sent letters to Graham Widdicombe, Head of Forearm Policy, at the Firearms Department of the Home Office, expressing the vital need to submit the pre

Default Urgent Appeal to have the previous 2010 UK Deactivation Standard and all other National Deativation Standards in Europe, recognised by the EU

I deeply apologise for putting this post in the Firearms Display Section, but I hope it can be justified, as it is of Vital importance, to been seen by all the Members, to take Urgent United Action on for our Continued Ownership of them.

I greatly hope that all the members have sent Letters to Graham Widdecombe, Head of Firearm Policy, at the Firearms Department of the Home Office, expressing the Vital need to submit the previous 2010 UK Deactivation Standard for approval by the EU, before the middle to end of August deadline.

I will provide his Address and check the exact Date.

I sent a Letter a while ago to him, which expressed my deep concern about the current situation, which is a long period of near complete Firearm Martial Law, since 8th July 2016, which you can only currently buy one (even particually rare ones) from the WW1 to WW2 period in a completely ruined, inoperable, welded or pinned state, from which it is highly unlikely could ever be restored to an acceptable standard, legally in the future and asking about the posssibility of a Collector getting special permission for particually rare examples, that could be added to the "Historical and Technical Interest" section, to be able to have them deactivated or just a slight bit to make them compliant with previous UK Standards, under the previous 2010 UK Deactivation Standard and got a reply from M. Young of the Firearm Policy team, who had been asked by him to send a response.

I have attached the Home Office reply.

So, please, if you have not written one, please do, so they are surrounded by passionate pleas and are compelled to send the previous 2010 UK Deactivation Standard and simular National Standards in Europe, without changes (unless benificial to us), in for approval.

As at the moment the opinion is "Now that the Firearm Directive has been formally agreed, we will consider next steps, including whether the UK should apply for recognition for the 2010 Deactivation Standards".

That is why, now, it is vital to show them our enormous strength in numbers and depth of our passion and feeling, through our different backgrounds and Countries and Time Periods we collect from, showing our dedicated unity in our honourable cause, which is the simple Respect, Collection and Restoration of History, regardless of what it is, as to us it is only part of the equiptment worn or carried by a Soldier at the time, which is of no threat to anybody (we are honoured to be trusted by our Countries Governments and have overwhelmingly proved that trust has not been misplaced, through our responsible carrying and handling, when with the Public at an Event), in our letters, through out Europe, to your Home Office or Interior Ministers.

As unfortunately now, most Museums are not collecting for traditional displays of Uniforms, Equiptment, Firearms, Swords and Daggers any more, thanks to "Progressive" Directors, what they do have is usually put up for sale, sooner or later, so now we have nearly the whole job of collecting and restoring them, so it is vital that we are allowed to do our honourable duty with pride, increasing security, if necessary, without any unnecessary descrimitary EU Laws that are against Common Sense, that are the Worst Kind of Insult and are an Abuse of Power.

I hope that my message inspires you that there is still hope left if we act soon, this will be the first step which will start to put our continued ownership of Deactivated Firearms, back to partly reasonable, before leaving the EU and then being able to completely restore our Full Rights, which have been unjustly taken from us.
    Justin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Urgent Appeal to have the previous 2010 UK Deactivation Standard and all other National Deativation Standards in Europe, recognised by the EU   Urgent Appeal to have the previous 2010 UK Deactivation Standard and all other National Deativation Standards in Europe, recognised by the EU  

I'd appeal for lawful ownership of "active" firearms in the UK and EU. But that's just me and my opinion..