Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Very late Mauser p38,marked SVW45,bringback pistol.

Article about: In nice cond.matching numbers,e block, made by mauser in very late ww2.Not a common pistol to find as not many were made with the code change to SVW before the Mauser factory was over run.Wa

Default Very late Mauser p38,marked SVW45,bringback pistol.

In nice cond.matching numbers,e block, made by mauser in very late ww2.Not a common pistol to find as not many were made with the code change to SVW before the Mauser factory was over run.Was lucky to find this p38,first one I have found.Even the mag is phosphated,the slide and frame is a phosphate finish on these late Mausers,barrel were still being blued,but have heard a few barrels were even phosphated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very late Mauser p38,marked SVW45,bringback pistol.   Very late Mauser p38,marked SVW45,bringback pistol.  

Very late Mauser p38,marked SVW45,bringback pistol.   Very late Mauser p38,marked SVW45,bringback pistol.  

Very late Mauser p38,marked SVW45,bringback pistol.   Very late Mauser p38,marked SVW45,bringback pistol.  

A very interesting and I would think rare late war example. It's actually remarkable the Germans were still able to produce arms in 1945, of course almost certainly machined by slave labour. Is it a shooter or do you doubt the steel?

Very nice example built around March of 1945. Both collectable and a good shooter if you choose. Thanks for sharing.
    John

Thanks guys!,doubt I will shoot it,although I wouldnt be afraid to,bet it works fine.But there is always the chance of breaking something ,hate to destroy the collector value of a 2k pistol!

That's a cracking P38 you have got yourself!

Jonathan.

Thank you!The bore is in great cond.,if it was shot in ww2 it was cleaned right away as there is no pitting in bore,a plus for the bore cond. collectors among us.I dont mind a little frost in the bore of a ww2 gun,but not if it looks like a sewer pipe!This being issued so late helped it.