Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Vickers guns in action

Article about: A recent shoot at Bisley... 16 Vickers guns in action. No other modern weapon would be capable of such sustained fire. You might notice that some guns are firing slower than others. Tight po

Default Vickers guns in action

A recent shoot at Bisley... 16 Vickers guns in action. No other modern weapon would be capable of such sustained fire. You might notice that some guns are firing slower than others. Tight pockets in the belts and incorrectly tensioned fusee springs are two of the causes. Aside from that, sit back and enjoy.

Cheers,
    Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaLi2Wa-qOw

Awesome, "The Grand Old Lady of No Man's Land"
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

THE GRIM REAPER, it wiped out many future generations! a great display, thanks for posting it.

Looks fun. I think the only thing more than machine guns are cannons

Thumbs up

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post

...... sit back and enjoy......

And indeed I did ! A great sight - thanks for sharing, Steve.

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    And indeed I did ! A great sight - thanks for sharing, Steve.
    There's another video I posted of the same shoot. It's shorter, but even better with some fantastic close ups of individual guns being fired. The women representing the one's that test fired the guns during both wars seem to be thoroughly enjoying themselves. Here's the link again for those of you who may have missed it.

Cheers,
    Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIdbsFlFNaM