Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Walther ac41 p38,super German ww2 finish

Article about: These earlier p38s are really beautiful, matching numbered pistol.

Default Walther ac41 p38,super German ww2 finish

These earlier p38s are really beautiful, matching numbered pistol.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walther  ac41 p38,super German ww2 finish   Walther  ac41 p38,super German ww2 finish  

Walther  ac41 p38,super German ww2 finish   Walther  ac41 p38,super German ww2 finish  

Walther  ac41 p38,super German ww2 finish   Walther  ac41 p38,super German ww2 finish  

Walther  ac41 p38,super German ww2 finish  

Now that is one stunning p38. You have amassed a nice collection of firearms and this one is not the slouch in the safe. She is a beaut.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The bluing seems to have survived very well on this one. German manufacturing finish seems to decline steeply from about 1943. The early stuff is really nicely made.

MAP
    ?

That's a great time capsule!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks guys!Its in good shape but imagine what it would have looked like 77 years ago in 1941 right out of the Walther factory.These were manuf. to be used by the military,this one looks like it saw minimal use and surely never went to the Russian front like many did.

Top shelf example!

Beautiful example for sure! Early examples exhibited a much finer overall finish. Noticed quite a difference in my father's 98k dated 1940 from the BYF 44 I bought as a shooter. Polishing of metal and the phosphate bluing of the barrel and receiver is evident on the BYF 44. Stock did not seem to have much of a finish applied either. Glad to have a matching GI bringback today!