Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Walther P38 ac42 gunshop find,great cond.

Article about: Bought a P38 at a small gunshop in MO. today,wont get it till next week as I am in Iowa,has to be shipped to my ffl.A great price for an earlier war matching P38 in ex. cond.c block pistol w

Default Walther P38 ac42 gunshop find,great cond.

Bought a P38 at a small gunshop in MO. today,wont get it till next week as I am in Iowa,has to be shipped to my ffl.A great price for an earlier war matching P38 in ex. cond.c block pistol with the horse shoe open sear,and some small parts still being 359 proofed,the last of those!Will post some pics when it comes.

Sounds great. Excited to see pics.
    John

Thanks John,came with one correct mag ,mags werent numbered this late in the c block, but Walther was still using up some earlier parts.Rare to see the horseshoe sear this late ,and grips are 359 proofed.Should be here by Wed.Am sure its a bringback but no papers to prove it.

Ok picked up p38 today it has the regular sear,the tag said rare horeshoe sear,but I didnt remove grips to see.The owner must have been confused,anyway no prob.Paid well below retail for it.Some 359 small parts on it .Bore is mint and finish has just some honest holster wear.Decocker works,pretty happy with it,real nice gripstrap finish for an earlier pistol,no rust or pitting or import marks anywhere.The mag probably should be numbered to pistol, so its a later mag that is common as these were lost and swapped out during war time.If it had a matching mag it would be worth a lot more so I didnt strike gold.ha My camera is old but takes pretty good close ups,cloudy and rainy here ,not the best pics.Almost didnt stop at that gunshop as dont normally find anything good there.These pistols are still out there and can still be found at a good price if you like them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walther P38 ac42 gunshop find,great cond.   Walther P38 ac42 gunshop find,great cond.  

Walther P38 ac42 gunshop find,great cond.   Walther P38 ac42 gunshop find,great cond.  

Walther P38 ac42 gunshop find,great cond.   Walther P38 ac42 gunshop find,great cond.  

Walther P38 ac42 gunshop find,great cond.  
    Last edited by Toecutter; 11-11-2020 at 12:56 AM. Reason: text edit

Very nice P.38 TC. Congrats.
    John

Thanks John!
    Last edited by Toecutter; 11-11-2020 at 03:18 AM. Reason: info found

MAP
    ?

Sweet piece! Congrats. How many is this now?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Another good addition to your P38 collection TC. You'll have to give us a line up photo of the set sometime. Regards, A.

My Uncle carried 2 P38's while in combat in France. He was a BAR man and would fire them in the general direction of the enemy while reloading the magazines "to encourage the Krauts to keep their heads down"- his words. I have always wanted a P38 but haven't gotten around to making the plunge. If you ever decide to part with one TC....... Nice piece BTW! Jim G.

Thanks guys!I am down to 5 p38s,sold off around 10 in the last year or 2,trying to down size.But will always buy them if a good one comes along .Kind of like a kid with a new toy.ha