Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Webley Mk VI Revolver .455 cal 1917

Article about: Hello I have a webley .455 well it was kind of givin to me and it is missing a "few" key parts I am having a hard time finding them I am searching for cylinder, extractor, extracto

EDWARD
    ?

Default Re: Webley Mk VI Revolver .455 cal 1917

Hello I have a webley .455 well it was kind of givin to me and it is missing a "few" key parts I am having a hard time finding them I am searching for cylinder, extractor, extractor pin, extractor spring and retaining pin. I could really use the help.

Hello-what country are you in?

Excellent weapon with lots of punch !!!
    In great condition too. I want one ...
    Regads, Thanos.

EDWARD
    ?

Hello I am located in the United States. --thanks for the links they made looking for parts much much more manageable.

Here is another nice Webley.It`s a Wilkinson Webley model 1892,belonged to late Captain FH Mahony Cheshire regiment England.He was shot in France 21 oct 1914 by a German sniper taking aim at him 1000yds distant.Anyone who knows where to get a picture of him?The revolver is in great condition and probably never fired.
    Enjoy the images.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Webley Mk VI Revolver .455 cal 1917   Webley Mk VI Revolver .455 cal 1917  

Quote by Spedini View Post
    Anyone who knows where to get a picture of him?
    Here he is:

Webley Mk VI Revolver .455 cal 1917

I found his picture here, along with a lot more information about him: Bethune Town Cemetery, 1st Battalion, Cheshire Regiment, Killed in Action 1914

Beautiful gun! I love Webleys too

Rob

Hi Lithgow,
    lovely pistol you have i would like a Mk V1, but only have the Mk 1V at the moment, great thread and thanks for showing it.
    dave.

?

What a beautiful weapon and holster. I am very jealous.

Spedini-a fantastic collector piece you have there with great provenance-I assume its in .455-British officers could use pretty much anything as a personal weapon as long as it used standard service ammo.

As you already said "Lithgow" it`s in .455 British caliber.It`s a Wilkinson Webley revolver model 1892 presented to FH Mahony when he was gazetted second lieutanant in 1898.It`s the highlight in my collection of British vintage revolvers because l have so much history about it and the true gentleman who first owned it.He is buried in a little village (Bethune France)not far from the place the fatal bullet ended his life.He did something that his men was supposed to do which cost him his life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast