Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Weird markings on this undated TT-30

Article about: ff zodat ik kan kopieeren en plakken: Hey all, recently my friend and i both purchased our own TT-30's. Mine is a very nice 1935 dated example but my friend ended up being less lucky, he got

Default Weird markings on this undated TT-30

Hey all,

recently my friend and i both purchased our own TT-30's.
    Mine is a very nice 1935 dated example but my friend ended up being less lucky, he got a non matching TT-30 without any dates stamped anywhere, fairly rusty and worn with SA GERMANY stamped on the slide.
    Also the magazine floor is.. just a mess

Can anyone tell me what that SA GERMANY stamp originates from and what could've happened with the magazine floor?

Cheers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weird markings on this undated TT-30   Weird markings on this undated TT-30  

Weird markings on this undated TT-30   Weird markings on this undated TT-30  

Weird markings on this undated TT-30   Weird markings on this undated TT-30  

Weird markings on this undated TT-30  
    Last edited by JustAGuy1250; 10-16-2020 at 09:29 PM. Reason: copy paste mess up :P

Never seen the SA Germany marking before. Personally, I would not be happy with it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hello, if you’re friend isn’t happy with the gun I’d be glad to take it off his hands. I think this one was heavily tampered during the postwar era. Raul

They might be two separate stamps, SA is a Finnish army property mark. It could be a Finnish captured pistol.

The Finnish army usually used a different stamp.

Hey all,

While my friend isn't quite happy with it, he won't sell it as it was still a good deal with the price it was at.

I doubt it is finish, the SA is the same font as the Germany stamp so.. I don't know though
    Both of us still spending hours upon hours trying to find that SA GERMANY stamp .. no luck yet

Thanks for the replies though

Cheers,

J

You've got a few things going on with that pistol....

It made it's way to the commercial market in Italy, then was deactivated in England. All the extra markings are Italian post-war importers markings, Italian proofs, and English / EU deactivation proofs