MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Welcome to the jungle

Article about: With respect due,I have a feeling Mr. Grist could tell us about this GREAT rifle.It shoots like no other.Balanced and smooth, a true marksmans rifle..308 Winchester is mild but effective.20

Default Welcome to the jungle

With respect due,I have a feeling Mr. Grist could tell us about this GREAT rifle.It shoots like no other.Balanced and smooth, a true marksmans rifle..308 Winchester is mild but effective.20 rnds is available in the removable mag.The action is a copy of the Garand but the rifle is much lighter.Actually it had the shortest service life as an official US rifle,but has had a second life in Iraq.The 7.62 round out performs the 5.56 in long distance shooting and penetration.(ie. brick/cement walls).I hear this is the gun to have in the gulf.This example is a civilian(semi) Springfield M1A with GI stock.(Note lack of "gear shift" in stock.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welcome to the jungle   Welcome to the jungle  

Welcome to the jungle   Welcome to the jungle  

Johnnie
    ?

Default Re: Welcome to the jungle

I have owned and shot a number of these and they are indeed excellent rifles. Unfortunately, (in a fit of madness) I sold my last one, a National Match model, but will be getting one when I get back to the States. I have a large quantity of mags in storage.
    Great rifle. I took basic training with the M-14.

Johnnie

I had a Harrington and Richardson M-14 in Army basic training in 1967..I shot expert with the weapon.. It was a very accurate and functioned flawless...I was again reunited with the M-14 when I went to Special Forces.. They were around but the main issue weapon was the M-16 and the XM177E2.. I still like the old M-14 and the civiliian model M1A.. The M-14 is still a US military issue sniper weapon called the System 21 with ART Scope...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welcome to the jungle   Welcome to the jungle  

Welcome to the jungle  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Johnnie
    ?

When I was a sniper instructor in Korea 84-85, we were using the M-21 (National Match M-14)with the ART II version scope. I'm glad to see that they havn't been totally replaced by the bolt gun now in service. I understan Israel also aquired a number of M-21 rifles from us.
    Good system when the operator is properly trained.

Johnnie