Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What do you guys think of this 100% live MG42?

Article about: This is a 100% live and transferable MG42 here in America that I am thinking of selling mine to buy. What do you think of these markings on the gun? The top cover on the gun right now is jus

Default What do you guys think of this 100% live MG42?

This is a 100% live and transferable MG42 here in America that I am thinking of selling mine to buy. What do you think of these markings on the gun? The top cover on the gun right now is just an MG3 top cover so that the current owner could shoot 308, so it does not match the rest of the gun, but he still has the original top cover as you can see in one of the other pictures. The barrel, bolt, receiver, top cover, and even feed tray all appear to match. Original numbers on the parts? Also, the trunnion looks like it is a slightly different color than the rest of the gun. Is this normal? My current MG42 from 1945 looks like this too. Grip from WW2? Thank you very much for the help experts!!!!!

I think it's awesome!! Amazed at some of the collections many have accumulated. Must be a blast to pull the trigger on an MG 42.

?

Question

I think that I could better comment on the markings on the gun IF I could see them!
    Do all those parts come with the gun?
    What is wrong with your gun that you want to sell it and buy this one? Keep both.
    At one time I had 3 MG 42s - I originally wanted to have one of all 5 factory codes, but gave up and thinned the heard down to the original one from 1962.
    Sarge