Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated K98 Sniper rifle

Article about: Here is a K98 for review. A Wilhelm&Gustaf 44 dated sniper rifle with matched numbers !!! It also has a key safety which is also numbered to the gun. Oversized trigger guard. The side ra

?

Default WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated K98 Sniper rifle

Here is a K98 for review. A Wilhelm&Gustaf 44 dated sniper rifle with matched numbers !!! It also has a key safety which is also numbered to the gun. Oversized trigger guard. The side rail mount is still there, however the scope was broken in transit back to U.S. when Vet came home in 1947. The main metal components are all parkerized except the scope mount and key safety along with the trigger guard. I have lots of pics so let me know guys.....hope this was a good weekend for me !!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated  K98 Sniper rifle   WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated  K98 Sniper rifle  

WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated  K98 Sniper rifle   WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated  K98 Sniper rifle  

WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated  K98 Sniper rifle  

?

Default Re: WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated K98 Sniper rifle

and more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated  K98 Sniper rifle   WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated  K98 Sniper rifle  

WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated  K98 Sniper rifle   WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated  K98 Sniper rifle  

WILHELM & GUSTAF matched numbers,44 dated  K98 Sniper rifle  

?

.....and even more pics .....

Excellent rifle-do you intend to restore a scope to it? A ZF4 or something better?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

to be honest, not really sure.... i had thought about it. I am a single father so picking up a scope will have to wait for now, lol.....

Very Nice...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Very sweet find!

Nice - I cannot see from the pics, it seems to be a few different finishes, is it matching numbers?

Pit.

?

@ Pit, yes it is all matching numbers, including the key safety. You are also correct about the finishes. The key safety, scope mount and trigger guard are all in the blue, while the rest of the components are parkerized. Which was typical in late war production.

Yes it is truly a nice a valuable rifle. Letter H denotes Heers for army issuance. All matching really escalates value. Might check Gun Boards Forum and click on Mauser K98k as others could give you approximate value of this fine rifle.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Yes it is truly a nice a valuable rifle. Letter H denotes Heers for army issuance. All matching really escalates value. Might check Gun Boards Forum and click on Mauser K98k as others could give you approximate value of this fine rifle.
    Josh gave me permission to post it up on gun boards... it's going up now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast