Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Ww1 mg 08

Article about: Thanks for asking - after all this time I am still looking for the deck tools :>(

?

Default Ww1 mg 08

On the deck of the shlitten there should be some tools. Can anyone please assist with identifying the correct ones and maybe the location?
    VMT
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 mg 08  
    Last edited by Steve T; 07-22-2012 at 08:56 AM.

?

Default re: WW1 MG 08

Still looking for the tools and other accessories - pse contact if possible.

?

Also looking for help pse for images of all the types of WWI German Imperial Army period MG sights. The aim being to identify the period optics for the 08 and 08/15 - from the magnifying/telescopic type to AA to night sights. TY.

well i dont know anything about this weapon but it dose look very nice. is this a personal project or something?
    i could write down the information you have given and ask some of the guys at the knob creek machine gun shoot this weekend and ill see what i can find out

?

Mr Matt - thanks for the reply. The many live firing owners of the MG08 in the USA will know exactly the pieces I am after :>) so huge thanks for asking. The 'US community' of MG08 and 08/15 owners is quite exclusive so always a challenge from this side of the ocean but they are a good bunch. There are many maxim makers of course with many maxim tools from various countries so the other difficulty is locating the German tongs and reamer that actually fit the sled mount deck compartments. Anyway many thanks and enjoy Knob Creek. I want to see it one day!!!!
    Mark

no problem man, i know they have people shooting maxims there and there are usually a lot of people that were German uniforms and machine guns so i think the chances are decent to find out what you need to know, but if it doesn't work out i hope you can find your information and tools you are looking for
    and the knob creek show happens twice a year so you have two chances to come and watch usually one in the spring (april) and one in fall (october)

?

May I ask the Moderator to change my title pse to WWI MG08 I had finger trouble with my capital letters. Thanks. Mark

?

Thanks Mr Matt. My email address is mark.finneran@hotmail.co.uk so IF you see someone who is interested in selling then thanks for passing my details. Another complication is what can be sent out of the USA. It appears that in some states even harmless items like tools or other accessories because classed as 'items to assist the firing of..'' are therefore not allowed. I am not fully up to spedd on the US laws but we must all be careful. VMT. Mark

well just go to a state that will let you hahaha. that kind of the reason i don't buy out side of Kentucky because we have to do a bunch of paper work to have it go just across a a state line but i guess if it is private sale you don't need to but i don't like to risk it

Well MG1918 i asked around and found a couple of guys that had some and one whith the tools you are looking for and one guy that had just sold two a little befor i got there. but the general coments were that "you just have to go to shows" sorry man
    but one guy said that if you were just looking for the accesories you might be able to find some on the continent like in Germany or Switzerland but they also said most people get them and dont know what they are so they dont cost much even tho they are hard to find

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast