Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German flare pistol

Article about: Hey everyone, A few months ago I went picking in Tunisia. I do work with many vintage clothing factory there, so I sometimes go check on local antique stores or some random antique collector

Default WW2 German flare pistol

Hey everyone,
    A few months ago I went picking in Tunisia. I do work with many vintage clothing factory there, so I sometimes go check on local antique stores or some random antique collectors. I have always been fascinated with the Tunisian campaign and you can find some really outstanding relics. So when I found this particular Luftwaffe double barrel flare pistol, I bought it! Through my research I found that it was a rare pistol.
    These are the details of my purchase:

1. traces of erosion and impact. I'm not sure what happened, but the gun is pretty beat up. There are many dents.
    2.On the left side of the frame, there's the safety lever with the initials F and S . Unfortunately, the rust blocked the lever from moving. I did try to fix it with lubricant, but it didn't work...
    3.The Luftwaffe serial number is F1 24483.
    4.On the right side of the frame is the serial number of the flare gun: 13187
    5.The date is 1942.The maker ECKO for Emil Eckoldt of Suhl.
    6. Found in north Africa, Tunisia

I think it was in the water, because there's sign of erosion. But I could be wrong. Is there a way to know to which plane it belonged? I tried to search with the codes on the gun, but I was unsuccessful.

Thanks for your help and please let me know what you think about my latest purchase.

Impossible to say what aircraft it was from, could be from a fighter or bomber, but write down when and where you got it. Nice find.

Very cool item!

Oh I see thanks so much! I purchased it a few months ago, from a collector that my friend knew in Tunis.