MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 German K98 Vet Bringback

Article about: Hello all, I stumbled across this K98 that's up for auction today and am considering making a bid on it as it ends soon and is still relatively cheap at the moment. There is no import markin

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Well my 100% matching 95% condition is wroth a premium!!!!!!
    I believe the duffle cut hurts a non matching rifle.
    Marty
    You bet tank!! One like yours with good bore will often bring over $2000. Short while back someone bought a 243 1940 matcher for $5000!!! Yeah a bit high for sure but someone just had to have it or maybe a bidding war.

vet bring back k98 dou 44 PICTURES

One of the first thing I ever post on the forum.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    You bet tank!! One like yours with good bore will often bring over $2000. Short while back someone bought a 243 1940 matcher for $5000!!! Yeah a bit high for sure but someone just had to have it or maybe a bidding war.
    So I have a 1940 42 (Mauser) like the OP's. But all matching AND a duffel cut. Excellent condition with mint bore. If these now go for $2k+...I'm a happy man.

Edit - Just noticed you were saying if it wasn't a duffle cut.

second from the right.....

WW2 German K98 Vet Bringback
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Michael, sweet very sweet!!!

Marty

- - ------- - -

Michael, sweet very sweet!!!

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Wow! Got some prime examples there Map. Great to own a few pieces of history and being GUNS make it extra special!

MAP
    ?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Wow! Got some prime examples there Map. Great to own a few pieces of history and being GUNS make it extra special!
    Sorry guys...wasn't trying to derail...but this is the only photo of my 1940 42 K98.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The OP rifle has some pretty deep pitting,that hurts it,strange the pitting looks blued over like the RCs but could just be the pic,since its duffle cut must be a bringback.I would say 500.00 would be a good estimate of value.

Here is a matching bringback k98 I thought about listing,all matching CE41 not duffle cut,you can see the high quality of the polished blue finish.I wonder what it would bring,depends on how bad someone wants it I quess,anyway where are you gonna find another one like it?Would it bring 3k or am I just dreaming?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German K98 Vet Bringback   WW2 German K98 Vet Bringback  

WW2 German K98 Vet Bringback   WW2 German K98 Vet Bringback  

Looks awesome Toecutter. I would post pics of it over on K98k forum and get their reviews. Couple guys over there have just completed new books covering the 98k in detail. If you listed this rifle on Gunbroker I bet it would go for at least $3000. All matching bringbacks in good shape like yours are very sought after! Your rifle but I hope ya keep it.

Nice one for sure! The one I posted about sold for $1200 so I passed on it but hopefully I’ll find another sometime soon (or not for my bank accounts sake lol!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast