Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Thompson deactivated

Article about: Hello, good morning, I have found this Thompson submachine gun, it seems all alright, it is deactivated but I don't know much about weapons, is it worth collecting or is there something that

Default WW2 Thompson deactivated

Hello, good morning, I have found this Thompson submachine gun, it seems all alright, it is deactivated but I don't know much about weapons, is it worth collecting or is there something that catches your attention?, thank you for your answers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Thompson deactivated   WW2 Thompson deactivated  

WW2 Thompson deactivated  

Lightbulb

Looks a relatively straight, clean M1A1 Thompson. I have a very similar deact which I've never regretted adding to my collection......

They're a desirable one for collectors, and like most deacts they're getting more expensive every day. If you like it and the price is right, you couldn't go wrong with it.

B.B.

Thanks for your answers, the seller is asking 700 euros for it, I will try to negotiate it

Lightbulb

Sadly, that seems to be about the 'going rate' ( inthe UK ) for good M1A1 deacts. ( I shan't say what I paid for mine in 1998 ! )

They were sitting just under £600 when I first started collecting, and that was only six years ago!

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    They were sitting just under £600 when I first started collecting, and that was only six years ago!

B.B.
    My first Thompson cost me £99 - as did my Mp40. My first Sten Mk11 which was deactivated by InterArms - and fully strippable, cost me £35. I could go on and on with the prices and how they used to be, and these days the cost of buying such items is utterly ridiculous. They are not worth it.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    My first Thompson cost me £99 - as did my Mp40. My first Sten Mk11 which was deactivated by InterArms - and fully strippable, cost me £35. I could go on and on with the prices and how they used to be, and these days the cost of buying such items is utterly ridiculous. They are not worth it.

Cheers,
    Steve
    They do say an item is worth what you’re prepared to pay, but I can’t say many are prepared to pay today’s prices, judging on how long most deacts sit on dealer’s websites. The exception is the really rare stuff, which has always sold well regardless of how expensive it is.

B.B.

Thumbs up

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I could go on and on with the prices and how they used to be, and these days the cost of buying such items is utterly ridiculous.
    Indeed ! Back then I was on (very) average earnings but the deact prices were very affordable - I could buy pretty much anything I fancied on a whim ( I remember more than once nipping over to the cash machine opposite the old Cheshunt Sunday fairs ). Today part of the pleasure I get from visiting militaria fairs is to marvel at the staggering prices being asked.

My pension no longer stretches to the purchase of such items. And aside from that, with my grandson showing no interest in my deacts, I sold virtually all my guns to a dealer early this year. I certainly won't be buying any more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast