Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Afghan M73 helmet real or fake?

Article about: Found these online from Sarco Inc, with the following description: Steel helmet w/ suspension as used by Afghanistan armed forces prior to replacement by Kevlar helmets. One of many styles o

?

Default Afghan M73 helmet real or fake?

Afghan M73 helmet real or fake?

Found these online from Sarco Inc, with the following description:

Steel helmet w/ suspension as used by Afghanistan armed forces prior to replacement by Kevlar helmets. One of many styles obtained from former communist countries, these were saved from ‘scrap reclamation’ years ago. Helmets have paint schemes on them with rough camouflage splotches of multi color paint Most have a Afghan Federal Army decal or painted emblem on the side

Overall condition is very good.

Not sure if these are real surplus or have been messed with, any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

You might want to ask the seller directly...

Not sure how one can verify the authenticity from such an advert?

I'd seriously doubt it. I have seen a lot of pictures of Afghan troops wearing the Romanian M73, but in every case they were essentially no different to original Romanian issue helmets, no camo, no Afghan insignia. Now the form shown is not *impossible*, but I wouldn't pay money for one unless I collected the M73 and wanted something a bit unusual. And not entirely real.

?

I suppose if anyone has seen one of this style of camo being worn by afghan troops, I personally haven't and can't seem to find any evidence of them being authentic. I did reach out to the seller but I'm not sure if they are going to be 100% honest.

The fact that they also sell the emblem stickers should be answer enough ....

most likely fakes , the seller deals in recreations / repros

?

Update: While I was also skeptical at first I did send an email and still haven't heard back a month later. I believe it's safe to say without a doubt that these are fakes, I have spent some time looking and referencing and haven't been able to find a single Afghan M73 resembling the ones they are selling. I appreciate the feedback and knowledge from everyone!