Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another Danish M48 army Diaward helmet - in original colour and configuration

Article about: It's nice to have grown up kids when they bring me this from their trip to a flea market... It's a Danish M48 Diaward helmet shell and corresponding liner in their original colour and with a

Default Another Danish M48 army Diaward helmet - in original colour and configuration

It's nice to have grown up kids when they bring me this from their trip to a flea market...

It's a Danish M48 Diaward helmet shell and corresponding liner in their original colour and with an early chinstrap type.

The liner has civil defense gray webbing but no trace of a CF stamp in the dome or on the webbing, so most likely been mixed up and delivered to the army in stead of the civil defense.

This might be interesting. The first two pictures are from a helmet I believed to be a Norwegian (I had bought it labelled as that fifteen years ago). I've become very interested in Danish M1-type helmets because of Twthmoses excellent postings, and have checked all my European M1. What I found here are two bail type on the same shell. The shell is green (therefore army?) and has no other marking or identifying feature. The shell is magnetic, and so is the narrower of the two bails. The other is not magnetic.

Another Danish M48 army Diaward helmet - in original colour and configuration Another Danish M48 army Diaward helmet - in original colour and configuration

I have several of the Danish CF helmets, complete with smelly liners. Am I right in understanding these are all Diaward products? All the shells have the numerals stamped on rear rim, all have wheat I believe is CF finish. All have bails of this sort -

I'm in danger of confusion here, so any information will be very much appreciated.

The Diaward army helmets all have the type of bails from your first picture and the CF (civil defense) helmets all have the type from your last picture. So yes all your CF helmets (and smelly liners) are Diaward helmets.
    I firmly believe that the shell in your first pictures is a Danish Diaward army shell that has had one bail replaced (the one in pic 2)