Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

(Antique) helmets in Ukranian use

Article about: This thread is for posting images and details about rare, antique, or otherwise extraordinary helmets that are being used in the current (2022) Ukrainian conflict. In my country (the Netherl

Not really a special, unique or Antique helmet to add to the thread shapedsteel and unfortunately a cold war piece which you stipulate in your first post examples of this type should be kept to a minimum post wise so this will probably be my only contribution to the thread, I picked up this Polish Wz 50 long before the current Russian Invasion and never gave it much thought to be honest but it came with this British GS Mk6 cover which has seen a lot of wear and tear which I thought was odd at the time .I watched a documentary on the 2015 Ukrainian Maidan Uprising and spotted a lot of former Soviet /Warsaw Pact helmets amongst others including Swiss helmets being worn by protesters and noticed Gs mk6 helmet covers in use also on a variety of helmets. I have also noticed the same Dpm covers in use during the recent invasion. I have no provenance to say this helmet has seen use in Ukraine but you never know . As composite helmets have also been mentioned i might as well add my Ukrainian Multicam Battle dress Uniform set to the thread as British MTP helmet covers have also been seen in use by Ukrainian Special Forces (Antique) helmets in Ukranian use(Antique) helmets in Ukranian use(Antique) helmets in Ukranian use(Antique) helmets in Ukranian use(Antique) helmets in Ukranian use(Antique) helmets in Ukranian use(Antique) helmets in Ukranian use(Antique) helmets in Ukranian use(Antique) helmets in Ukranian use
    Regards James

Mk6 helmet in the background. This one in use by a territorial defense member somewhere near Irpin.

The Bundeswehr sent a couple of thousand´s Aramid helmets M826 to the Ukraine.

Austria will send around 8.000 helmets, I assume that they´re M92´s
    AUSTRIACO Mº 93 TC3
    , also protective vests and dressing to the Ukraine.

?

So far MK6 helmets do seem to be one I see/recognise the most (in the context of this thread)

Quote by Reibert View Post
    The Bundeswehr sent a couple of thousand´s Aramid helmets M826 to the Ukraine.
    Maybe this is one of them ? ...

Hard to tell for sure Reibert although you are most likely correct ,it could possibly be a polish Wz 2005 as i have seen a lot of these in use also
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    Hard to tell for sure Reibert ,it could possibly be a polish Wz 2005
    Don´t think so
    Casco

BTW., did Poland also sent helmets to the Ukraine ?

I can't say for sure if Poland sent helmets direct to the Ukraine but examples have turned up there one way or another

?

Last edited by Jb4046; 03-14-2022 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Helmet already posted

Based on this it looks like we're probably going to see a whole lot of Mk6 helmets start showing up in the near future.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I7PSgfXdgE8

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast