Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Austrian M75

Article about: I just traded my friend 5 or so modern military patches for this helmet, most all the paint has either peeled off or it had been repainted once before and that is gone. Thanks for looking at

Hi Bernhard,

I had no idea that the early fibre type liners also had this feature!! (as both my examples are two piece popper fitment)
    would it have something to do with different makers using different methods to do the same job!!??? I always thought it was only Ulbricht´s made the fibre type????? and as the second type grey thermoplastic M58 liners weren't mostly marked...... the same!! (I do however have a couple of M58 grey plastic liners... retro-fitted with M75 leather and wide webbing crossbanding.. AJ 94 stamped to the leather .... but.... with SW 71 marked in the liner!!?? ....Shuberth?? Germany??? see pic)....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M75  

Very interresting stamp in the grey plastic liner, never seen one before.
    When I am at home I will have a look in the Baer book if there is something mentioned
    about an order at Schubertwerke´s.

Unfortunately the helmet I Show here is not mine.
    These are auction pics.
    A very nice `57 dated liner.
    Sewn on nape strap and Brown chinstrap.

Interresting the Price it went for.

Regards

Bernhard
    Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75

Thanks Bernhard,
    that's a very interesting helmet and liner you show!! and a very interesting price to match!!!! wonder if it went to a private collector!!??? or hopefully one of the Austrian Bundesheer museum's ????

Quote by Bernhard View Post
    Very interresting stamp in the grey plastic liner, never seen one before.
    When I am at home I will have a look in the Baer book if there is something mentioned
    about an order at Schubertwerke´s.

Unfortunately the helmet I Show here is not mine.
    These are auction pics.
    A very nice `57 dated liner.
    Sewn on nape strap and Brown chinstrap.

Interresting the Price it went for.

Regards

Bernhard
    Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75
    Hello Bernhard,

hope you are doing well!!! We know eachother already quite well and I am looking forward hearing from you :-D !
    Unfortunately it`s been really a long time I could not post. After seeing your latest post in this thread it came to me immediately. I was the one who was the second highest bidder. It was simply a fantasy price. This was all what I had left on my bank account. And the bidder underneath me was something around 260 Euros??? I can`t remember this anymore. Another collector from Austria told me this is really a scarce piece but the price was really crazy.

Many Greetings
    Martin

Quote by austromunga View Post
    Thanks Bernhard,
    that's a very interesting helmet and liner you show!! and a very interesting price to match!!!! wonder if it went to a private collector!!??? or hopefully one of the Austrian Bundesheer museum's ????
    Hi Austromunga,

I wanted to say Hello to you. As I am also a Militaria collector who has a deep interest in post war austrian helmets. Unfortunately in Germany they are hard to find.

Many Greetings
    Martin

Some time ago a Gun shop in Bavaria sold helmets from Austrian Zoll Wache. He bought a whole lot of them. They were equipped with the early M57 liner. Together with the leather chin strap made from light brown leather. Unfortunately I bought only one piece. They were almost brand new. Later I contacted this guy and he told me he had sold all the helmets to one person. I wonder if this helmets ended up on ebay were about 5 month later someone started to sell Austrian Gendarmerie helmets with a painted yellow grenade on one side. These helmets looked exactly like the M57 Zollwache helmets. Only this yellow grenade had been added.

The funny thing is that helmets which are considered of most of the collectors to be really worthless are now quite hard to find. Sometimes you can not find them at all. I think for example of some modern european M1 helmets.

And last not least! Remember the dutch UN M1 Helmet cover!! I was searching for years! They were all sold to a military trader to the USA. Brand new stuff. Never used! And this trader refused to sell one of the covers back to the old world. One year later they were all sold. In the end I found one for almost 40 Euros. And guess what! I was really lucky to pay this price! An almost endless search ended. :-D

Hello Roland,

nice to see you are also on this forum.

Many Greetings
    Martin

?

Red/blue maneuver bands

Piotrek

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast