Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Austrian M75

Article about: I just traded my friend 5 or so modern military patches for this helmet, most all the paint has either peeled off or it had been repainted once before and that is gone. Thanks for looking at

?

Gosh, you blink for a second on this thread and suddenly 20 new posts!

James I tried to enhance you date stamp and I would also agree with austromunga, it looks like 57 that has been smudged. The smudging or rubbing of the white seems quite common, from what I have personally seen.

Austrian M75

Baer's book is a very good read, especially regarding the history and contract tassling, and despite the intense German it is a great resource. However I personally think it's hard to find exact details without reading through it and some aspects of these helmets are missing. I have a theory on the designation but I need to do more research first.

?

To me the Stahlhelm 1 and 2 question depends on when it was first used. In the contract documents no mention is made yet in the brochure it is there.

Many Thanks Ocad for your help and the confirmation of the date stamp

?

Similar to your silver liner. I have a similar one but 1st pattern. The green has chippedmoff in places showing the silver.

Quote by Helminator View Post
    As already mentioned the liner is the interesting part of the helmet set:

The liner is a late ww2 MSA liner.

In one of the helmet books I red about austrian motorcycle dispatcher helmets. Several different color schemes in which they painted the helmets were used.

Like the one above which went for 270 pounds.

If I got it right there was in the beginning not an official way painting the helmets. Every unit had there own color scheme.

Also on this helmet the color scheme is within the colors almost the same: White-green = Silver-green

The green circle probably was left over for a rank insignia.

What do you think of this?

Attachment 1118696

Attachment 1118697

Attachment 1118698

There is an older scheme under this green and silver painting (red line from the front to the back).
    Somebody wanted to see if this is something from Us Army ww2 so he started to remove the paint.
    Luckily he stopped after a few wipes.

Unusual m75 liner modification with A yokes ,a pretty salty period piece but unlike anything I have seen before Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75

I too spotted that "oddity" James.... I either forgot to bid...or only bid a small amount...I cannot recall which!!...glad you snapped it up though!!
    If I recall the photos by the seller were less than clear!!... I also remember thinking it looked a little re-enactor,esque..... the shell is also quite a mystery!!...is the heat stamp to high even for late U.S. M1????
    The liner is most definatly Austrian M75...
    From then on...it becomes a real conundrum!!!

Thanks Paul ,I just put in an offer above the start price and was it accepted and the seller was not too far away ,I did ask the question to the seller on its origins but it was an earlier bay purchase and they were selling it on ,I'm presuming it's not a US m1 but then again M1's are not my area of expertise at all ,I just noted the stamp was not on the inner front brim as on all my other US pots ,this one is much higher up the dome and at an odd angle if that gives any clues mate ,well I'm now thinking if you guys can't Identify it aside from the positive ID of the liner I guess it will be one of those mystery helmet's to put on the shelf and as you say a conundrum ,The name on the liner Leidlmair is an Austrian name ..Oops forgot to ask if you and the munga all ready for this years War And peace event ,really wish I could hook up with you again Paul sink a few beers and put the world to right's but It looks like I won't be making it ,maybe next year hey

Hi James
    Just a few thoughts on the origins of the shell on you puzzle lid!!..
    The paint looks very similar to my recent addition... Norwegian LS made shell!!! Even the bail attachment to the shell is very similar!!??... which I also thought... in turn looked very similar to the Finish on Danish army M1 clone lids !!!!???
    Did LS stamp their shells???...
    I will double check mine!!...as it's only the LS 77 stamp
    I paid attention to when I got it!!..

My fellow Stahlhelm collectors ,

Here I want to share what I found when searching some old issues of the official newspaper auf
    the austrian government.

In the december 1977 issue I found an offer for a contract to rework Stahlhelm 2 to Stahlhelm 1.

First they offered a contract for the delivery of 20.000 helmet liners "Innenhelme 1" Color RAL7013
    Size 53-55 4000 pieces
    Size 56-58 14.600 pieces
    Size 59-61 1400 pieces

And they also offered a contract for :

30.000 Stahlhelme 2 to be reworked into Stahlhelm 1 by Performing the following steps:

1.Removal of any dents the helmet might have
    2.Repaint of the outside of the helmet RAL 7013
    3.Adding of new chinstraps with double "Ruck-Zuck" closure
    4.The reworked helmets are to be packed in stacks of ten helmets each
    5.All the needed materiel and hardware has to be supplied by the contractor
    6.The delivery and pick up of the helmets will be done by army trucks
    7.The repaired and according to the instruction packed helmets have to be collected in lots to 3000 each for being picked up.

In 1979 there was another offer for 6000 helmet 2 being reworke into Stahlhelm 1.

Best regards

Bernhard

Here the original ad:

Austrian M75
    Austrian M75

Here we have one helmet that might have been one of these 30.000 Stahlhelm 2 from
    the 1977 contract.
    As you can see it is a 1957 shell that got the rework to Stahlhelm 1 specification.

Of Special note is that I found this helmet with the reworked net added.
    The attached net has been also converted from Tarnnetz 2 to Tarnnetz 1 by simply adding the
    elastic band,

Best regards

BernhardAustrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast