Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Blue Belgian "M1" clone

Article about: M1 and the various clones aren't my area of expertise but I've seen quite a few....but never a blue shell and liner....Belgian, obviously (or at least it was when I popped the liner out)....

Default Blue Belgian "M1" clone

M1 and the various clones aren't my area of expertise but I've seen quite a few....but never a blue shell and liner....Belgian, obviously (or at least it was when I popped the liner out).....why blue?

Blue Belgian "M1" cloneBlue Belgian "M1" clone

wouldn't it be UN or airforce? I've a US UN one like that.

I thought about UN...but usually they're a much lighter blue than the shell and darker than the liner...and usually have the lettering or the emblem...this one was a rich dark textured blue shell...with a dark blue strap too.......could it be Navy?

...wish I've have bought it now.....

I believe it is a mismatched set. An Airforce liner and a Navy or a Police (gendarmerie) shell.

Blue Belgian M51 are Air Force. They will also have the Belgian tricolor on them (liner and shell). Belgian airforce blue is a rather lighter shade (almost a grey-blue) than UN blue, and the two are easily distinguished. UN helmets would not normally have the tricolor or any other national ID on them anyway. As far as I know Belgian navy helmets seem to be a very dark grey.

Chris is correct a mismatched Belgian m1951 Rijkswaacht (french )Gendarmerie paramilitary shell and similar to its French equivalent showing the dark blue webbing ,the liner would be for better suited for an Airforce protection issue m51