Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bulgarian m36 c help

Article about: ive been looking over my period m36c ,ive always wanted to know what the 3 stripes denote on the underside any thoughts guys,

Default bulgarian m36 c help

ive been looking over my period m36c ,ive always wanted to know what the 3 stripes denote on the underside any thoughts guys,bulgarian m36 c helpbulgarian m36 c help

Noupe sorry James dunno s.... about these other than the basic stuff.............

Quote by James C View Post
    ive been looking over my period m36c ,ive always wanted to know what the 3 stripes denote on the underside any thoughts guys,bulgarian m36 c helpbulgarian m36 c help
    Nice m36 James i have a similar one C type
    I think that the stripes are not from the ww2
    they were using those helmets after the war for various uses
    we have so many of them here in Greece and almost every single one of them is repainted
    They were even used by Greek National Security Battalions during the Greek civil war (1946-1949)
    so i think that they do not indicate something such as ranks etc.

ok no problem jake ,thanks for being honest

thank you for your thoughts GM very interesting

no problem James

Just spent a while scouring the internet and can find no info!...

cheers paul for looking mate ,perhaps its just down to the individuals own markings ,well thats my only theory anyways

Quote by James C View Post
    cheers paul for looking mate ,perhaps its just down to the individuals own markings ,well thats my only theory anyways
    That's all i can think of mate!....

With the original liner, too. Nice catch. So many out there with the later poorly made replacements.
    As to the white stripes...no clue. Looking at it, it could very well mean "due for refurbishment". It's nice that it's original, but the Bulgarians used stuff forever, and it would need rebuilding to be used as intended. It's a guess with nothing to back it up, so take it for what it's worth.
    I will say I've seen a bunch of these and I've never seen one so marked before.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast