Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bulgarian M51/72

Article about: Hi all... After what seems an age searching for a suitable Bulgarian splinter camo cover for my M51/72..... as I really love that pattern!!!!!.......I finally found............nothing!!! wel

Default Bulgarian M51/72

Hi all...
    After what seems an age searching for a suitable Bulgarian splinter camo cover for my M51/72..... as I really love that pattern!!!!!.......I finally found............nothing!!!

well splinter camo anyways!!...(still looking!!)

But what I did find!!!.... was this..... just as nice...... if not better!!?? Frogskin camo Bulgarian border guards cover!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian M51/72   Bulgarian M51/72  

Bulgarian M51/72   Bulgarian M51/72  

That's a pretty cool camo pattern!....

Excellent, well found

This stuff is becoming a recce soldiers nightmare! Just when you think you have it all covered.....DDR raindrop pattern meets Soviet Amoeba pattern during a "bad trip"

An up to date recognition pamphlet would be too big for your smock pocket

Thanks for showing.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Real nice Paul and did read that the frogskin camo is identical to the Czech m60 oblaky pattern but is more noticeable on the reverse sideBulgarian M51/72
    Last edited by James C; 05-07-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks guys!!
    Interesting about the similarities to the Czech M60
    The pattern that shows through the rain pattern through night vision!!?? ....makes me wonder what the Bulgarian camo would look like !!!!

Good morning gents,

I thought it made more sense to add this here rather than start a new thread when the subject is the same pattern helmet.

I picked this one up as a specimen because it is totally mint. Also, now that most if not all of the former WP states have changed to helmets of more modern construction there is a fair amount of surplus around keeping prices low but as we all know sometimes to our cost this is unlikely to be an enduring situation!

This M51/72 steel helmet represents I think the very end of the timeline. It has the later more raised rivets and the final version (I think) of the splinter pattern cover.

I submit this for reference but as always any comments and opinions are much appreciated.

Regards

Mark

Bulgarian M51/72Bulgarian M51/72Bulgarian M51/72Bulgarian M51/72Bulgarian M51/72Bulgarian M51/72Bulgarian M51/72Bulgarian M51/72Bulgarian M51/72Bulgarian M51/72Bulgarian M51/72Bulgarian M51/72
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks for your interest Mark!!

Its a pleasure to see your latest addition!! in super condition...nice useable size, and with that lovely Splinter cover too!!!
    Last edited by austromunga; 03-25-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Figured to add my one, picked it up today '87 dated. Also had to take it as it virtually hasn't a scratch on it! but after my handling it will acquire a lot! Covers for my WP helmets will have to be another mission.

Scored another, one size smaller, again '87 different inspector stamp? slight paint shade difference to the other I post.

Was out today and found another and had to take it home!! smaller size again (top right in pic) note the diminished lip on the shell compared to the larger sizes.
    Struggling to see if it's dated 83, 86 or 88! please give your opinions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast