Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

can you identify the helmets used in DOGS of WAR 1981 movie?

Article about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcHDQ-j-2F0 skip to 3:40 - 4:20 looks like some type of eastern european helmet with a leather Y type chin strap ? doesnt look Russian, maybe Romanian? Yugo?

Question can you identify the helmets used in DOGS of WAR 1981 movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcHDQ-j-2F0

skip to 3:40 - 4:20

looks like some type of eastern european helmet with a leather Y type chin strap ?

doesnt look Russian, maybe Romanian? Yugo?

Hollywood prop?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can you identify the helmets used in DOGS of WAR 1981 movie?   can you identify the helmets used in DOGS of WAR 1981 movie?  

Attached Images Attached Images can you identify the helmets used in DOGS of WAR 1981 movie? 

Default Re: can you identify the helmets used in DOGS of WAR 1981 movie?

can not see any riverts but kinda looks like a swedish m62.

since this movie was made during the cold war era surplus eastern bloc helmets were not easy to get, I think they could even be props made of fiberglass and painted to look like some type of foreign steel helmet

the story is supposed to be in a fictional place in Africa called Zangaro

in the third picture the lid looks to be a czech vz32/34 but with no external rivits present
    Regards James

they have rivits in them high up the helmet they do look to be steel to me. got a fast glimps of a rivet at 4:18

?

I was going to suggest a Czechoslovak vz32 eggshell...

Martin

I guess it could be a reworked surplus Czech M32/34 egg shell helmet

third world countries often received military aid or bought helmets and would often rework them by adding their own straps or liners, or the Czechs could have made a special contract for export only

CBH
    ?

Don't know the helmet , but I used to own the Riot Flare gun seen on the cover , and used by Christopher Walkin in the movie , wish I had have kept it !

Quote by CBH View Post
    Don't know the helmet , but I used to own the Riot Flare gun seen on the cover , and used by Christopher Walkin in the movie , wish I had have kept it !
    in the movie it was Known as the fictional "XM-18" that would have been a cool movie prop to own

The version in the film is the late model 25mm Manville launcher with 18 round capacity. As has been said in many online sources, the explosive effects of the Manville in the film are a piece of fiction. The device was designed to fire 25mm tear gas grenades or flares.

Dogs of War, The - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

CBH
    ?

Mine was a Manville , it came out of a Quebec Prison they used it for riot control ! It was all old chrome or nickel plated and can in it's original case ! Had a clock work spring you had to wind . Ended up traded away for a SS uniform which I also should have held on to ! But that was years ago .
    Cheers Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast