Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Captured WW2 Italian M33; boring but authentic.....I think! Opinions welcomed

Article about: Greetings all, here for your opinions and comments is an Italian M33 that was apparently captured by a British soldier and taken back to the UK. I purchased this indirectly from the family o

Default Captured WW2 Italian M33; boring but authentic.....I think! Opinions welcomed

Greetings all, here for your opinions and comments is an Italian M33 that was apparently captured by a British soldier and taken back to the UK. I purchased this indirectly from the family over 10 years ago.

As everyone loves to mention, these Italian helmets are a minefield as they were in use for such a long period of time. Looking at the details of this helmet I believe it to be a wartime example. It is ink-stamped 2e Compagnia on the leather liner (see image) along with an unclear round stamp inside (last image).

The outside of the shell has a feint pencil inscription with the date 10 July 1943 (invasion of Sicily) and, I assume, some locations which I can't make out. Half of me thinks this writing is too good to be true (don't say it!) but it does look authentic compared to other written examples I've handled. If anyone recognises these words or wants more pictures, please let me know.

Thanks for any more information the experts can provide.

Captured WW2 Italian M33; boring but authentic.....I think! Opinions welcomedCaptured WW2 Italian M33; boring but authentic.....I think! Opinions welcomedCaptured WW2 Italian M33; boring but authentic.....I think! Opinions welcomedCaptured WW2 Italian M33; boring but authentic.....I think! Opinions welcomedCaptured WW2 Italian M33; boring but authentic.....I think! Opinions welcomedCaptured WW2 Italian M33; boring but authentic.....I think! Opinions welcomedCaptured WW2 Italian M33; boring but authentic.....I think! Opinions welcomedCaptured WW2 Italian M33; boring but authentic.....I think! Opinions welcomedCaptured WW2 Italian M33; boring but authentic.....I think! Opinions welcomedCaptured WW2 Italian M33; boring but authentic.....I think! Opinions welcomed

?

Very nice!

Morning,
    a good example of a wartime M33, all components look ok.
    For the type and tonality of the paint, and some other details I would say that it is a production datable between 1940 and 1943.

Regards
    Roberto

?

a great large size!!

Thank you all for the positive comments and details so far.