Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chinese Army GK80/A

Article about: Morning everyone, here is an example of Chinese helmet GK80/A, just found, it I liked the fact that it is not the usual mint stock, but it is an example actually used by Chinese Army in the

Default Chinese Army GK80/A

Morning everyone,
    here is an example of Chinese helmet GK80/A, just found, it I liked the fact that it is not the usual mint stock, but it is an example actually used by Chinese Army in the 80s and remained for a long time in a collection; the color is dark green and the chinstrap is the four point type.
    Despite the use signs and light traces of oxidation it is in excellent condition and was missing in my collection.

Thanks for looking
    Roberto

Chinese Army GK80/AChinese Army GK80/AChinese Army GK80/AChinese Army GK80/AChinese Army GK80/AllChinese Army GK80/AChinese Army GK80/AChinese Army GK80/AChinese Army GK80/AChinese Army GK80/A

Very nice to see close up pictures of this helmet of which I'm yet to add an example Roberto,I've often thought it compared to the us M1 in profile but from your pictures i see this is not the case ,thank you for sharing
    Regards James

Its profile is very similar to Swedish helmets m26, as soon as I saw I thought was one of them!

Roberto

Default Chinese GK80 helmet

They used a very tough steel to manufacture the GK80 , it feels like some type of hardened heat treated steel?

I do like the used look, mine still looks like new

Yes battle gear, I think it's as you say, if I leave it slightly hit the floor know the sound of a type of especially hard steel, probably with high carbon content.
    I know this, because even Italians helmets M33, in the combat version have the same characteristic, in fact if they suffer very violent shocks will crack but will not dent, the only M33 I've seen with dents are the steel versions of second grade for civil protection organizations or second-line troops.

Regards
    Roberto

Default Albanian soldiers with China GK80 helmet

>
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chinese Army GK80/A   Chinese Army GK80/A  

Last edited by battle gear; 02-06-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Here's an example of the GK 80 i picked up and this one is fitted with what i believe to be an Infantry Marines camo cover ,compared to Roberto's example my chinstrap section is either faded out or a tan variant Chinese Army GK80/AChinese Army GK80/AChinese Army GK80/AChinese Army GK80/A
    Regards James

?

Mine has a little hole in the front for the Army crest (see also the latest version). Albanian models did not.

Chinese Army GK80/A

Chinese Army GK80/A

Chinese Army GK80/A

Chinese (Duck hunter) Type 81 GK 80 cover Chinese Army GK80/A
    Regards James

Well done James!
    another very interesting display

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast