Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Combat Helmet of South Africa

Article about: I have searched the Steel Helmet forum looking to tag onto an existing thread on the subject with no luck so decided to start a thread off This type is known as the Staaldak Helmet and was u

Can't make out this on the liner, plus the soldier plugged the vent.

Looks like 81 M M etched also but can't be certain mate
    Regards James

Decided to highlight the original faint shell marking patterns using a water based craft paint which could easily be removed further down the line if need be ,with a little elbow grease
    It gives a better insight into how the design would have looked in it's original state Combat Helmet of South Africa
    Regards James

Picked up an example complete with original liner and notice as in the same on Rene's example the liner strap has been tucked up above the liner webbing ,Unusual flat sides to this one so unsure if modified in the field for some reason or just a manufacture fault Combat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South Africa
    Regards James

I'd say the flat sides are a field mod to hold the liner in firmly, my camo has the same knocks.

Cheers Rene' i appreciate your comment it makes perfect sense now you mention as the liner is wedged in pretty tight but can be removed with some manipulating
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    Cheers Rene' i appreciate your comment it makes perfect sense now you mention as the liner is wedged in pretty tight but can be removed with some manipulating
    Not a prob James, here's a crap shot showing the bend/knock on the camo one.
    Love your helmets Mate!

Cheers Rene' ,once you mentioned the same modification on your camo example i looked back over your posting in greater detail and could see the flat sides ,great new picture which really does show an identical mod as on mine which is very interesting to note
    Regards James

Hey James I'm chucking in a M83 I'm lucky to score it in down here

Nice find on the South African manufactured M83 Rene' i can see some similarities in the liner and chinstrap design between this example you show and my later SA M87
    Regards James

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast