Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Country of Origin for this SSH40 copy??

Article about: I'm lost on this one. The chinstrap stitching looks one of my Hungarian helmets but I can't find anything like it online.

Default Country of Origin for this SSH40 copy??

I'm lost on this one. The chinstrap stitching looks one of my Hungarian helmets but I can't find anything like it online.

Hello,

the helmet is a Polish Wz. 50

Regards

I looked at those but discarded it because I couldn't find one with the same hole pattern in the ringers. All the examples I saw had 5 holes plus the string hole. Were there different model liners for these?

Thank you

Hello,

the first feature is the rivet to fix the inner lining. Because you already recognized that it is a wz.50.

I actually only know this type of inner lining. Early ones have the leather riveted to the inner ring, later ones sewn on.
    There are always small variations. Such as the leather used. The helmet may have been refurbished.

Hełm wz. 50 - Wikipedia

https://helmliefhebber.skyrock.com/3...50-Helmet.html

Poland Wz50 - Brendon's Helmets

There are several variants of the chin strap. But all have this buckle to close.

Regards

Very nice condition considering just how old this example is ,i am fond of these Wz 50's and have a few myself in the collectionCountry of Origin for this SSH40 copy??

That NV setup is pretty cool!

Thank you, It is a stand alone piece which can be worn by ground troops and dated 1971 ,i have another IR example which is near identical but for Polish tank crews which has a separate hand held IR lampCountry of Origin for this SSH40 copy??Country of Origin for this SSH40 copy??

The WZ 50 i mounted the IR NV on is the earliest example i own coming in at a date of 1953 and has the tell tale riveted chin straps which is a clue to the earlier ones ,the later examples had stitched straps ,My earliest Bulgarian M51 is similar also having riveted and the later stitched so must perhaps be a trait of the early Warsaw pact helmets