MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Czech Vz-53

Article about: Czech VZ-53 dated around 1983...I have one of these, where do you find the date? Anybody know when they changed the Y-style chin strap from leather to fabric ??

Default Czech Vz-53

This is a czech VZ-53 dated around 1983, totally unissued.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech Vz-53   Czech Vz-53  

Czech Vz-53  

Default Re: Czech Vz-53

I have exactly the same helmet.What number do you have stumped on yours?

do the Czechs still use this helmet? or has it been replaced with a more modern design?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    do the Czechs still use this helmet? or has it been replaced with a more modern design?
    Not sure about the czech army, but i know that Slovak army used these helmets as recently as 2004, not sure about today, but i assume they still use vz 53. couldnt find anything about czech army

is this the helmet type copied from the russian ssch 39 shell ?

Hi James, yes it is.

Cheers, Ade.

hi adrian heres a pic of my ssch39 its in relic condition with no liner and a fair size hole in the center top also my czech m53 that i have weathered to give a more authentic look
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech Vz-53   Czech Vz-53  

I like the Ssh39 design. As you have the two side by side you will see very subtle differences in the shape of the lip of the Czech version.

Cheers, Ade.

hi adrian yep your right the lip profile is different between the two i am still fairly new to collecting helmets and not heard the m 53 called the vz 53 before i take it its the exact same helmet

Yes, same helmet. "VZ" is the correct Czech designation. Western collectors has a horrible tendency to Americanise everything by calling it "M" something or other. This is really lazy bad practise and calling items by the correct native terminology is something we should all strive for.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast