Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Czech VZ 53

Article about: Perhaps not the most desirable helmet to own but to a world helmet collector very much so ,I'm still not 100% certain of it's designation and make no claims to the contrary but feel this is

Default Czech VZ 53

Perhaps not the most desirable helmet to own but to a world helmet collector very much so ,I'm still not 100% certain of it's designation and make no claims to the contrary but feel this is first generation vz53 modified which was first introduced in 1980 i could be way off the mark but seeing as there is so little information out there i can only assume .
    This would be I'm guessing the 2nd pattern chinstrap as opposed to the standard two piece but incorporating an additional and i must say very vague three point arrangement ,i say vague because literally there is no rear attachment as such ,that is unless a sky hook was used In my naivety I've always presumed the 53/80 model had webbing chinstraps of which i have an example but can confirm this has a four point arrangement with a direct termination to the liner band so I'm asking for help and some clarity on what i have here .The additional strap allthough of the highest quality has an archilles heel in what seems to be a cheap and cheerfull thermo plastic Rivit termination that i would never of expected to see.the liner is dated 1984 and my nylon webbing version is dated 1986 so again this throws up so many questions but i will save that for later depending on the interest Czech VZ 53Czech VZ 53Czech VZ 53Czech VZ 53Czech VZ 53Czech VZ 53Czech VZ 53Czech VZ 53Czech VZ 53Czech VZ 53

MAP
    ?

Very nice James!

I'm talking about the Scotch of course.

And the helmet is nice as well. Pristine!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanking you kindly Michael for dropping by and commenting of course ,gave me a belly laugh ,cheers matey and hope all is well

Just filling in the blanks Czech VZ 53

As far as designation goes, I believe the simple 'vz.53' covers all. And looking at Jan Kolarik's webpage seems to confirm that (he's a well-known Czech helmet collector) Èeskoslovenské pøilby .

Rather common helmet as you imply, but there again you can't always find one when you need one - I've been failing to get one of these 'second edition' types for years now. It's always worth remembering that what might be easy to get today might not be so easy to get hold of tomorrow (remember all those hundreds of thousands of German helmets on the surplus market in the early 1950s...)

Anyway, at least four variants of the '53, including that hard to spot one converted from the Russian ssh40 shell. A small collection but a worthwhile one.

.: World War Helmets - Casque Vz 53 :.
    A bit of interesting reading on them James!...

Thank you Greg and paul too for commenting ,Greg I have been trying to track this model type down for a long time now but can say it was well worth the wait now i have it in hand ,do you mind if i can ask if you have ever heard of this genre of czechoslovakian helmet classed as the VZ 52 and not the 53 or is it just some confusion amongst collectors

Czech VZ 53Czech VZ 53I guess i have at least three variants now as i happen to be lucky enough to own one of those converted Ssh 40s with what i believe to be an 1956 dated liner

Quote by James C View Post
    Thank you Greg and paul too for commenting ,Greg I have been trying to track this model type down for a long time now but can say it was well worth the wait now i have it in hand ,do you mind if i can ask if you have ever heard of this genre of czechoslovakian helmet classed as the VZ 52 and not the 53 or is it just some confusion amongst collectors
    Only heard of it being called the VZ 53!...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast