MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Danish helmet m23/41

Article about: I HAVE HAD THIS DANISH HELMET FROM 1980. I BOUGHT IT FROM AN ARMY SURPLUS IN COPENHAGEN. Does the white colour refers the helmet to a navy helmet or am I wrong. I would be very pleased if so

?

Default Danish helmet m23/41

Danish helmet m23/41 I HAVE HAD THIS DANISH HELMET FROM 1980. I BOUGHT IT FROM AN ARMY SURPLUS IN COPENHAGEN. Does the white colour refers the helmet to a navy helmet or am I wrong. I would be very pleased if somebody can tell me. Thank you.

Civil Defense is my guess.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

Thank you for your information. I have a Dutch helmet which I have some queries about. I will try to post it sometime tomorrow or after. Cheers

The White colour helmet was used in a number of different places/units in Denmark. The music corps, which every regiment and even battalion had in the 50s and 60s often used a white helmet, tho often only the liner (m1 helmet). Other use would be mp’s, but they would have mp written on them in red or black.
    More likely it is from the civil defence (civilforsvaret) more specified the Ordenskorps, which was the units assigned to help the police during catastrophes. They used white helmets.
    I think your helmet is from the late 50s or 60s. The civil defence did not get m1 helmets before late 50s (1957-1958) and it was the cf-korps that got them first. The municipality part of of the civil defence (cf-Korps was the state part) took many more years to get them, some never got them! They would use all kinds of helmets, including the m/23 for a long time.