Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ddr east german nva steel m56

Article about: Hi everyone, Just after some opinions on the following DDR East German NVA Steel M56 helmet that I am considering. I normally collect German WW1 & 2 helmets and Great War Militaria. I kn

Default Ddr east german nva steel m56

Hi everyone,

Just after some opinions on the following DDR East German NVA Steel M56 helmet that I am considering. I normally collect German WW1 & 2 helmets and Great War Militaria. I know the origins but i'm finding it a little bit hard to find detailed information.

Anyway, I'd be interested to know other collectors thoughts on this example (hoping I put this in the correct group??).

Thanks,
    AndrewDdr east german nva steel m56Ddr east german nva steel m56Ddr east german nva steel m56Ddr east german nva steel m56Ddr east german nva steel m56Ddr east german nva steel m56

Mate, it looks nice and un-tampered with but I just cant warm to these.... they remind me too much of Star Wars trooper helmets ...eek

Cheers, Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images Ddr east german nva steel m56 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Third time trying to reply but something keeps happening when I try to submit.

Anyway, as I was saying, I love the fact that these helmets have their DNA in the M42 plus I find this period in European history very interesting. I do think these are a bit neglected but will slowly increase in value. But I know what you mean Dan, they aren't your classic german helmet.

Have look at this site. It is in French, but maybe you can use google translate on it. Good photography and good research.

Cheers,
    Emile

World War Helmets - Reference de casques de 1915 a nos jours. World War Helmets - Reference de casques de 1915 a nos jours.

I had one of these in minty unissued condition. Think I left it in Michigan in my friends basement. Getting like Dan now...forgetting things....

A great piece of Cold War history.. Used to see these being worn by our adversary across the Berlin Wall, while stationed in Berlin... I was able to pick up a nice one with a helmet net after the Wall came down..

I like the looks of t his one.. Looks to be a worn example.. Maybe a little storage rust on this one, but I would want it in my collection if I was looking for one...

Smitty

You want Star Wars helmets? Check out the Fedayeen Saddam helmets, now thats crazy!

Thanks Emile. I'll have a look.

If it still in the basement today David, I'm sure it would have a hell of a patina

Thanks Smitty. I agree it was an interesting period. I always associate these helmets with that iconic image of Conrad Schumann as he jumped the barricade while defecting to the West. I'd like to add one to the collection for that reason.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast