Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The different fate of 2 euro clones

Article about: Hello dear collectors, some months ago i manage to bought both of these m1 euro clone. And i think both of these shell have an interesting story behind it. The blue one, the paint looks blot

Red face The different fate of 2 euro clones

Hello dear collectors, some months ago i manage to bought both of these m1 euro clone. And i think both of these shell have an interesting story behind it.
    The blue one, the paint looks blotchy and have 4 layer of paints. The upper is silver but its stripped down, red and someone i think not finished the repaint work, blue the majority of the color exist in here and green only small one appeared.
    The different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clones

The interesting part is, this shell have an interesting word painted in here. Kind like of the US soldier used in the vietnam war. The word in here is indonesian, "RELA MATI" or "willing to die".
    The different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clones

And also making this blue shell more interesting. There's a heavy steel round plate welded inside the shell. It's heavy and have 4 hole on the rear section. I guess the hole is for the neck flap emplacement. And based on this, i think this shell once used by the fire department in here.
    The different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clones

And based from the description above. I think this shell have 5 phase of life:
    - The first one when its used purely as military helmet which have standard green color.
    - The second phase, the helmet transferred for the fire department and repainted in blue. And during that time too, the liner was discarded and changed into the steel one to accommodate the neck flap.
    - The third phase, the helmet almost repainted with red color maybe the change of regulation in the fire department. But its stopped midway as you can see there's evidence of the blotch red paint.
    - The fourth phase, the helmet repainted with silver color. I don't know if this regulation of the fire department. Or this is for private purpose only.
    - And finally the fifth phase, someone stripped the silver color and let the helmet like this until now.

---
    The other shell is this green one and some blue paint on the top layer and in the top side of the helmet. On the side of the helmet there's emblem painted in red color.
    The different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clones

The emblem

The remain of the blue paint.
    The different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clones

Stamps inside the crown of the shell.

Unit stamp? A mask? I guess it's similar with the local military police detachment unit in here.

Star inside circle stamp denoting army.

As comparison, there's anchor for navy and roundel for the air force.
    The different fate of 2 euro clonesThe different fate of 2 euro clones

The chinstrap sewn directly on the bail. With thick type of hook. Is this denoting Austrian clone?

Based from above, i think this green helmet almost or already used by the fire department and maybe once met with the blue helmet one.
    But in the end, different with the blue helmet one, this shell i guess was transferred to the military police and finally not used again.

2 brothers with different fate indeed.

very interesting pair and not a euro clone style im familiar with ,your first example has led a very colourfull life for sure ,thanks for showing

That is an absolutely fascinating presentation, F33. Wherever these helmets came from they have seen some substantial modification. Very interesting. Please do post more information should you ever get any. We have very little knowledge of helmets in your part of the world.

?

Feldgrau I can only paraphrase on what James and Greg have already said, I look forward to seeing more of these unusual M1 helmets, they are certainly a complete change from the norm, and as a result all the more interesting,many thanks for sharing these M1's

Quote by James C View Post
    very interesting pair and not a euro clone style im familiar with ,your first example has led a very colourfull life for sure ,thanks for showing
    Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    That is an absolutely fascinating presentation, F33. Wherever these helmets came from they have seen some substantial modification. Very interesting. Please do post more information should you ever get any. We have very little knowledge of helmets in your part of the world.
    Quote by Opex View Post
    Feldgrau I can only paraphrase on what James and Greg have already said, I look forward to seeing more of these unusual M1 helmets, they are certainly a complete change from the norm, and as a result all the more interesting,many thanks for sharing these M1's
    Thank you very much gentlemen.
    Yes i will try my best to show the helmets in here. It's more fascinating than i first thought. I once saw a euro clone but have the liner emplacement of british style helmet! Interesting indeed.
    To James C: Its really unfortunate there’s no marking stamp or some marking to identify this helmet more. And i think its safe to say this is a euro clone. Although there’s some possibility this is an indonesian clone instead but i still not yet found any information about this.

Anyway this is the military police logo. The mask i said earlier

Just want to add something new. I just realize there's some inscription on the strap.Letter "H W 'the diamond symbol the same on the shell' N H".

More clear image

Maybe the owner initial? Or added after the helmet was withdrawn from service.

they probably had many years of service with Indonesian military

looks like these Indonesian soldiers uses some type of fiber non metal helmet ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The different fate of 2 euro clones  

Quote by battle gear View Post
    they probably had many years of service with Indonesian military

looks like these Indonesian soldiers uses some type of fiber non metal helmet ?
    Forgive me for the very late reply, I didn't have enough time to online again in this couple of months.
    Yes, i once see a similar helmet sell in here.
    Maybe it's a local made helmet.
    Unfortunately, i didn't manage to buy it because the lack of fund at that time.

very nice and unusual helmet ,its a new one on me and i would say made of a composite material judging by the shell thickness ,its profile is reminicent of the french mle 51 but with a more pronounced frontal rim ,thanks for showing feldgrau
    Regards James

Your welcome sir.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast