Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Early Yugoslavian Helmet

Article about: Just to share a Yugoslav M59 from my collection and to show differances in shell profile with the later m59/85 which had a more pronounced upturned rim and went from a US Riddel style liner

Hello James,
    as always I really appreciate your commitment to research, I am very sorry to have caused doubts or uncertainties and I apologize for this.
    In reality I think that normally things are exactly as you say, the only regular model of yugo para is the Pc99; I also know the non-ballistic Chinese helmet GK82.
    The helmet I mentioned is reported in the Yugoslavia / Serbia section in an Italian book well known in my part: "Combat helmet of the world" by Paolo Marzetti, which I read a while ago, and I was intrigued because it was something unknown to me.
    For what I remember, it is a M59 with a shortened rear flap, a modified leather chin strap, and a liner that reminded me of the Polish helmets Wz67; probably an experimental version or an emergency modification.
    Currently I can not tell you more.
    Ps: I post my fiber glass Pc99, unfortunately lost the chin strap as often happens on these helmets!

Regards
    Roberto

Early Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian Helmet

No Problem Roberto ,I will have to do more research on this other modified m59 you refer too ,in the meantime can I say what a fine example of the pc99 you have and with its own unique markings of interest ,I see both our examples have had the frontal star removed .
    My own thoughts on the missing chinstrap is perhaps due to the fragile nature of the construction and materials used ,mine is present and was one of the reasons I went for this example as I had a choice of a few at the time but nearly all were lacking the strap section ,there is a seller on ebay based in Italy that has the strap if your interested in completing your example and maybe you can barter on the price CHINSTRAP for YUGOSLAVIAN PC99 PARACHUTIST HELMET HELM CASQUE CASCO ELMETTO | eBay

Thought I would add these later model 59/85 Yugoslav wars examples to the thread for your interestEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian Helmet

One of my M59's fitted with the M68 Camouflage cover Early Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian Helmet
    Regards James

Early Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian Helmet
    Here's my M59/85, it too has the Jugoslavian red star under the Serbian sticker.

I have a quick question. What do the dome numbers in the m59 helmets represent? Are they a batch number?

I would believe so Osius Gaming , A small update to the thread ,I picked up a JNA cover from the early 1970'sEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian Helmet
    Regards James

...now that IS nice....is it made in those colours or has some squaddie got creative?

Hi Ade and thanks I can confirm it was manufactured this way Early Yugoslavian Helmet
    Regards James

Ta. I want one. :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4