Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

falklands argentinian helmet

Article about: It is a really cool helmet Dave. Won't be long and we'll be buying other relics from the Falklands war. I figured you'ed like it Paul, and thanks for the info on tabing! Jay

?

Default falklands argentinian helmet

Heres a new arrival of mine hope you like , rgds Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture falklands argentinian helmet   falklands argentinian helmet  

falklands argentinian helmet   falklands argentinian helmet  

falklands argentinian helmet   falklands argentinian helmet  

falklands argentinian helmet  

Default Re: falklands argentinian helmet

very very cool lid that mate i like it

the Falkland helmets have a distinctive look, seems like they are all very soiled and show signs of rotting from the environment they were used in.

you can tell it was picked up from the battlefield

That is a great helmet from a very strange battle between Argentina and G.B. I hope Paul gets a look at it. He would really enjoy it.

Jay

?

always wondered about these are they made by them or are they surplus sold to them from another country ????

Hi,
    Really nice old helmet love it, the falklands surplus is getting very collectable now there are still good buy,s to get but i think store them now for the future. Nick they are surplus helmets most were ex vietnam stuff, but still nice to have. Jay it wasnt a strange battle !, they took our land and we kicked there arses
    for it. It was hard fought to.
    dave.

Sorry Dave, strange was a bad word to use. I just always remember your helicopters getting knocked out in the bay, and the infantry having to hoof it across the island. Between the bad weather and some bad luck, your troops did an excellent job under extremely difficult circumstances. You Brits definitely put the smack down on them! I really do love the helmet too! Once again, I'm sorry, I had no intention of demeaning your troop's hard fought victory.

Take care,
    Jay

Hi Jay,
    No worries mate i didnt and wont offence a that, it just seemed that word strange battle, was strange in it,s self. Hay nice helmet though i would,nt mind one of those myself. I have seen lots of them but never took up to buy one. A lot of vets have still got them
    stashed away, so i might be lucky one day. And yes we did kick some arse over there.
    Dave.

The m1's issued for this battle were mainly home produced, i have one listed on this forum, the lid is not US and neither is the liner,

But i have another falklands m1 in my collection, which like the other is home produced,except the liner is US and obviously a reject, due to poor pressing e.g the shape around it's outside edge is very un-regular in appearance.( it was clearly made this way)

Prior to 1960 the US supplied M1's to the Argentine,after this they produced their own so mine must be post 1960!!!!

Nice battle collectable, and a good honest been there look to this one ,nice one

?

Nice lid and momento thanks for pointing me to it Jay

The Falklands was a hard war fought in some atrocious weather conditions but showed why the British Army is so good , the marching across the island was known as Tabing ( Tactical advance to Battle ) something the British Airborne units had been doing for years and when it mattered it paid off

None of us had heard of "yomping" which is the Marines word for a forced march prior to the Falklands
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast