Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

French Adrian Helmet?

Article about: I was walking around this dusty antique store and found a French Adrian helmet sitting up on a shelf amongst some random naval wares. It was pretty badly rusted, had no liner, and no sort of

Brusilov
    ?

Default French Adrian Helmet?

I was walking around this dusty antique store and found a French Adrian helmet sitting up on a shelf amongst some random naval wares. It was pretty badly rusted, had no liner, and no sort of steel emblem on the front like most Adrians I've seen. Perhaps it's not even French, but since I didn't see any identifying features, I can only assume. It was priced for 25$.

Do you guys think it's worth it? From what I remember, the sling mounts were rusted in place, but overall it could probably be cleaned up with a sander and some WD40. It has a heavy dent on the left side that seems to give it a nice history. I'll take some pictures on my next trip - I made sure to stash it somewhere safe.

Is it worth picking up? And in terms of resale value, is it best to sell it as-is, or with a new paint job? Where would I find a liner for this old boy?

Default Re: French Adrian Helmet?

To my mind an Adrian that is rusted and without liner is not worth your while. No resale value either. Repainting never adds any value, on the contary! Repainting is advisable only to satisfy your own tastes and never adds anything. Ebay shows spare liners. Depending on the helmet type.

Leave it where it is.

On the other hand it might be a relic of a very desirable helmet. You never know. It is hard to guess without a detailed photograph.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 10-26-2010 at 07:23 AM. Reason: spelling

I would pass on it if it's in poor condition with lots of rust and has a big dent
    Last edited by battle gear; 10-26-2010 at 08:28 PM.

for $25 i would purchase it ,a pic would help as it might be the earlier ww1 type ,you can buy repo insignia badges that look very authentic also chinstraps and liners to make it complete again it might not be classed as original but im sure it would look good in a collection

I recently purchased an M26 with the liner and all from a local pawn shop for $50. I guess when it comes down to it, it's all about how much it's worth to you, but I personally wouldn't pay $25 for what you're describing it to be.