Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?

Article about: Hi, this helmet was found in an old house. Its made of steel, so pretty sure, no M1 inliner. But what could it be?!

Some more pictures

_This helmet was found in an old barn in germany (Northrhine Westphalia). On the pictures you see the measurements. The guy who found the helmet, found other war relics there too. Like an very old MG42 and other small calibre arms, ammunition. Mostly german things, but mixed with other nations (suspected, it is difficult to identify). It is said, that there was an provisionally military hospital, towards the end of the war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?   A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?  

Possibly a vintage/antique fireman’s helmet or specialized occupational helmet. Or as mentioned previously a miner’s helmet.
    Perhaps the four lugs inside the back of the helmet secured a protective brim or something similar.
    Just wild guesses.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Not sure. But since you bring up Finnish. They also used the Swaz, so there may be a connection to pursue.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by JohnB1945 View Post
    Possibly a vintage/antique fireman’s helmet or specialized occupational helmet. Or as mentioned previously a miner’s helmet.
    Perhaps the four lugs inside the back of the helmet secured a protective brim or something similar.
    Just wild guesses.
    Wild guesses are about all we've got here, I think, but yours have got a bit of substance on the basis of if it is an industrial/occupational helmet of some kind it is unlikely to be recognised by military helmet collectors.

And I still think the swastika is a complete false trail. This is nothing like any Finnish helmet unless their genius for improvisation went further than usually documented.
    Last edited by Greg Pickersgill; 07-09-2022 at 05:31 PM.

I would say its an old miners helmet or hard hat, doesn’t look anything military in my opinion with the shape and liner system like that.

Hello! New pictures! Hope it helps!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?   A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?  

A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?   A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?  

It looks very thick and almost cast iron. Is it fully metal or is it coated in something? (zimmerit?)

_The faceplate don`t seem to have any coating. Feels and sounds like cast iron, but he is no expert. The helmet itself have a rough, sandpaper like coating._

Looks like a homegrown bushrangers helmet...your own Ned Kelly

A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast