Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?

Article about: Hi, this helmet was found in an old house. Its made of steel, so pretty sure, no M1 inliner. But what could it be?!

Default A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?

Hi,

this helmet was found in an old house. Its made of steel, so pretty sure, no M1 inliner. But what could it be?!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?   A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?  

A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?   A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?  

A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?   A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?  

Any photos of the interior? I haven't seen anything quite like it before

MAP
    ?

Moved to the "World Steel Helmets" forum.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nothing inside, just rust

MAP
    ?

Quote by Homehaunt View Post
    Nothing inside, just rust
    It might provide some clues. Location of rivets or attachment points for the liner....

That said, I have zero idea what it is. Might be a civil helmet or some type of hard hat even.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Resembles a miner's helmet, the lugs may have held a carbide lamp at one time, JMO
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Resembles a miner's helmet, the lugs may have held a carbide lamp at one time, JMO
    Might be. My view is that the ridges are not something I would expect on a combat helmet. You would want something that is rounded / smooth to deflect projectiles, while these ridges would actually facilitate penetration of the shell. Just my thoughts............

Some more pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?   A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?  

Is it just me - or are these swaztikas???

A friend of mine found this helmet. Any idea what it could?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Is it just me - or are these swaztikas???
    Certainly looks like it to me, but that should not be assumed to connectct it to the Third Reich; remember the swastika is an ancient and honourable symbol regrettably stolen and debased by the Nazis, and was widely used as a decoration before WW2.

On the other hand, I have NO idea what this thing is; I'm reasonably well informed about helmets and I have never seen any liner attachment like that before. If that's what it is. The more I look at it the more I wonder if it is a helmet at all. Well, OK, it probably is, but an extremely unusual one. I'm quite eager to hear from more people about this.

Is the metal as thick as it appears in the images? How heavy is it? What about dimensions, roughly. And where (which counrty) was it found?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast