Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

General Paint and Decal question

Article about: Greetings: I have some simple questions and I am hoping people can help answer them. I noticed that some helmets have rougher texture paint on them, almost like it has been brushed on. 1. I

$200 is about 3 times as much as I would be prepared to give - But of course I have the luxury of living next door to Sweden.

Anders Skötte is my go-to-guy when it comes to Swedish helmets and according to him there were no decals prior to October 1st 1942 when ALL helmets had them applied.

I have no clue as to why there seem to be multiple layers of decals and paint on most M21 helmets (both versions). Maybe because they were just sitting around waiting for nothing to happen during the mobilisation period they had nothing better to do than paint the helmets over and over again ....

PS: Free tip - Tell the household it's an investment.

Regards
    /Jesper

3x! That really seems about right. I just can’t find that. Would be nice if there was a shop in Sweden I could purchase and ship from. eBay is ok but it is an oddly tense transaction at times.

Thanks for info on the decal shadows and the reference. It is a pretty specific book —- w/ two volumes!

Cheers!

I think shipping from Sweden to USA would be something like $80, so that would more or less eat up what you save unless you buy more than one helmet.
    Let me see if I can think of something ....

Thanks for the note. Much appreciated. It is fun digging around and learning things here.

Very nice helmets to see!
    Here is one of my examples. The color may be a little weird due to the AI camera setting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture General Paint and Decal question  

That one is very clean. It seems shorter? I only occsionally see a chin strap like that one.
    The head looks sort of familiar, I think we have gotten them at Michaels

Default Another selection

This one has a more favorable pricing than the others. Any comment on this one? Anything look off? It isn't as unusal as the one you recommended, but this might be a back up in case the pricing on the first one won't come down. But, I think this one looks ok to my untrained eyes

Sorry for the extra questions

General Paint and Decal questionGeneral Paint and Decal question

?

Looks good to me.

Steve

All good

The decals are so perfect. These are from 1942? Amazing to survive for so long.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast