Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Greek helmet m34 / 39 color quedtion

Article about: Wondering what people think of this helmet. I believe the liner looks original but the helmet color is darker than I expected. I thought I read on this website that these were repainted.

Default Greek helmet m34 / 39 color quedtion

Greek helmet m34 / 39 color quedtionGreek helmet m34 / 39 color quedtionGreek helmet m34 / 39 color quedtion

Wondering what people think of this helmet. I believe the liner looks original but the helmet color is darker than I expected. I thought I read on this website that these were repainted.

?

Is the darker color green, its not clear from the photo.
    They were repainted in some cases towards the end of the war and in others after for use by different civil units. still an original helmet though.

Steve.

MAP
    ?

Here is mine that you can compare to. It is untouched with original paint. As Steve notes, the photos of yours are not very clear.

Greek M34/39
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good morning,
    agree with Steve, the original olive green color, thin and uncooked was very fragile. Many were repainted dark green at the end of the Second World War during the liberation of the territory.

Thanks for the information. I think the liner is real — unless people are producing fake stamped ones. Was not sure about the color. Any idea how much these are worth with the paint changed? The eBay listings are not many and pricing is all over the place

MAP
    ?

Interesting that the size stamp on your liner is "over stamped" like mine. I assume that they only had one primary stamp and then restamped the last digit to indicate the size.

Not many of these helmets are around. Quite hard to find, but they don't really command a high value.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

“High price” is relative. Spouse think this is high. But compared to German stuff…

?

I enjoy the style of that helmet, it's among my favourites.
    The shell was manufactured in 3 sizes: 55, 57 & 59.

This liner is a stamped 57, quit often liners last digit were overstamped with a 5 or a 9 such as MAP & Taylor helmets. In mine the leather as shrunk making it hard to see.

The beige paint used on this liner was to cover the unpainted eyelets once installed, this was not rare.

A few pics from the past.