MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast

Helmets and Camo covers

Article about: Dusted off a few helmets recently and thought i would start a thread showing a few of my Groupings and will add more as time goes on and seeing as my favorite collecting genre is the cold wa

?

Default French helmet covers evolution 1915-2020

Hi everyone, here’s a brief evolution of the French
    helmet covers from 1915 to 2022, enjoy.

Helmets and Camo covers

In November 1915 a cover was issued for the Adrian helmet to counter the high visibility of its bright blue color. The cover displayed is an M51 Gendarmerie model to illustrate the look of an Adrian helmet with a cover.

Helmets and Camo covers

French troops used surplus stock helmets during the Indochina war until a French helmet was manufactured in 1951. Nets were often used with the helmets. Displayed is an example of a US M1 helmet refurbished by riggers for paratroopers usage. The draw string attached to the helmet is to be fastened to the parachute harness to prevent its loss if unhooked while jumping.

Helmets and Camo covers

The M51 NATO helmet was not supplied with a cover except for the Gendarme model. Nets & salad type covers were available. The M51 helmet was often covered with jacket hoods or cut poncho pieces.

Helmets and Camo covers

The Daguet pattern cover (from the name of the French Operation for the first Gulf War in 1990) was first issued with a draw string as this example on an F1 helmet (adopted in 1978). Later models covers would have a rubber rim to hold them on the helmet.

Helmets and Camo covers

The French Spectra composite helmet (issued in 1993) is seen here with its Central Europe (CE) pattern cover, note the rubber rim.

Helmets and Camo covers

Feel free to fill the gaps & show your covers. Thanks.

Jack and Rich ,thanks again to you both for your continued support on my long standing thread ,nice to look over examples i have had in the pile for a while and refamiliarise

?

Default Post WW 2 Italian & Spanish helmet covers until the 2000s.

Hi everyone, Italy was the first country to mass produced camouflage in 1929.

From the 60s to the 70s the Italian helmet cover pattern was the sightly modified 1929 pattern, nets were often used with the covers.

Helmets and Camo covers

Helmets and Camo covers

The M42/60 para helmet had it's unique cover, the back flap could be removed. This cover was used from the 1960s to the 1980s.

Helmets and Camo covers

The Italian woodland M92 pattern was in service until 2005.

Helmets and Camo covers

The desert pattern derived from the M92 & was first used in the UN intervention in Somalia (1993-1995).

Helmets and Camo covers

The vegatata innovative pattern started to be issued in 2004.

Helmets and Camo covers

Helmets and Camo covers

Spain for its part produced a wide variety of camouflaged helmet covers, shown below is a very modest presentation.
    This Spanish Marines variation of the M60 boscosos "woodland" is a 2 sides cover used from the 1960 to the 1970s. Note the German influence for the design (Leibermuster) & foliage loops.

Helmets and Camo covers

Helmets and Camo covers

Seen below is a variation of the rocosos "rock" camouflage pattern from the 1970s seen on Infantry & Legion uniforms.

Helmets and Camo covers

Around 1985, an ERLD type pattern or Spanish "leaf" was adopted by the Spanish Armed Forces until 2010s. Spanish Marines being Marines, they adopted their own pattern, well not realy, it was heavily influence by the American M81 woodland. Ah, Marines!

Helmets and Camo covers

Let finish with another neat example of covers on M42/79 helmets.

Helmets and Camo covers
    Last edited by Jack59; 03-28-2023 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Replaced photos

?

Nice. Do not have that Italian camo cover. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Hi Rich, I guess your talking about the Spanish Marines one, if so it's a nice one, kept the foliage loops. It fits on the Spanish Marte helmets. By the way I ran into the camo bits thread, marvellous!

Love your French Italian and Spanish helmets and covers Jack, really great to see so thank you for sharing ,here are a few of my examples to share ,I don't have any Spanish covers only a couple of helmets in the pile but as it is my thread i will post them in there uncovered condition Helmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo covers

?

Those French M51 & M1 lids including many para ones are great. The UN one, the satin jacket hood & the one with the painted parachute caught my eye. Of course the lizard are always nice, can get enough! That little gang of F1s have a lot of character, the one with the car door joint & salad is my favourite.
    Now for the Italians, one of the M33 is a Spanish Civil war vet, the other is war booty used by the yugoslavian police I believe & are wonderful! Both the para & desert covers stand out in a cheerful way.
    Finally the Spanish helmets with their different version of badges are very nice.
    Thanks James to have put those great set together.

?

Great display. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Jack your Spanish covers are really great especially the Amoeba pattern covers ,the helmet that caught my attention in your collection is the French Indochina Paratrooper helmet they really are rare ,the closest i have which is of any interest is this early "Gilles" modification TTA M51 Troops Airborne helmet HelmetHelmets and Camo covers

My Collection of British camo helmets Helmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo coversHelmets and Camo covers

Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast