Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help with hungarian helmet

Article about: Hello Guys ,Heres some pics of what could be a hungarian firebrigade or some sorte of support services helmet ,could any one tell me what it is and rarety plus price of the beast,Thanks Paul

?

Default Help with hungarian helmet

Hello Guys ,Heres some pics of what could be a hungarian firebrigade or some sorte of support services helmet ,could any one tell me what it is and rarety plus price of the beast,Thanks Paul.P.s pics could be better.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with hungarian  helmet   Help with hungarian  helmet  

Help with hungarian  helmet   Help with hungarian  helmet  

Help with hungarian  helmet   Help with hungarian  helmet  

Default Re: Help with hungarian helmet

This is indeed as you suspect a Hungarian fire service, civil defence, and also, I think, anti-aircraft crew helmet, and is essentially the standard Hungarian M35 with a different liner and the protective crest applied. It is more correctly known as the M35 B type.

They are comparatively uncommon and one in vg condition would sell for a good sum. Unfortunately yours seems to be missing half the chinstrap rig. See here (scroll down a bit) - HÚNGARO 38 - for a pic of the object in all its pristine glory.

?

Not a bad looking lid.
    I have a firemans helmet made from a German lid, but it only has the standard crest - not the four pronged one.

?

Thankyou for the info much appreciated.Paul.

This is a hungarian 35M Civil defense 'B' fire service helmet. Original, untouched condition, orig liner and bluegrey paint.
    Helmet maker is MÁVAG .

?

Thanks mate ,they are intresting helmets,Regards Paul.