Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying Czech m32 mystery helmet

Article about: I need som help identifying this mystery helmet and hopefully uncover where it's from. It's a Czechoslovak m32 helmet. I bought it from a seller in Denmark ~10 years ago. It's dark green (no

?

Question Help identifying Czech m32 mystery helmet

Help identifying Czech m32 mystery helmetHelp identifying Czech m32 mystery helmetHelp identifying Czech m32 mystery helmet

I need som help identifying this mystery helmet and hopefully uncover where it's from. It's a Czechoslovak m32 helmet. I bought it from a seller in Denmark ~10 years ago. It's dark green (not the original colour) with two red stripes front and back. The best clue to where it's from is probably a painted marking on the side that has been psinted over. With blue colour somebody has written "Mdt.Pz" and below it "L". It's painted over but was so thick that it's still very visible. Googling has yielded no results. To me the font looks very German. I bought it because I thought it might be on of the m32 helmets that the Danish state railroad bought during ww2, but there's really nothing indicating that it is.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

I have a couple of examples of the Vz32 but I know very little about them about them, and there isn't much easily available online either, as you have found. That does look like an original chinstrap, but the pads look like the postwar replacements used in Czechoslovakia for CD or Fire services. Are they plastic/vinyl? The refurbed helmets were - so far as I can tell - always black. The Danish-used helmets you refer to always (?) have a metal identifying disc riveted to the shell. I have no idea what the inscription you quote means!

That's not much use, I know, but perhaps a hint towards something.

?

Thank you for your reply! The leather does look a bit syntethic, but the back of it looks and feels a lot like leather. The pad attached to the bottom(or top, depending on how you look at it) is definitely syntethic leather though.

Post war-refit in Czechoslovakia does seem plausible. Yeah, DSB helmet should have a disc and this dark green colour certainly isn't a colour I've seen on Danish helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying Czech m32 mystery helmet  

Hi, in my opinion it is Dannish postwar reissue. Not all Dannish DSB helmers had the disc on.
    The liner pads are not Czechoslovak.