Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HSRAC - Saudi Arabia

Article about: I debated on starting a thread for this, but as there were 40 watchers on our favorite auction site so it may have passing intertest. I got a little bit hooked on this, after all I’m not s

?

Default HSRAC - Saudi Arabia

I debated on starting a thread for this, but as there were 40 watchers on our favorite auction site so it may have passing intertest. I got a little bit hooked on this, after all I’m not sure I will be walking around any flea markets in downtown Riyadh in the near future.

Saudi Arabian used HSRAC with a decal on the front. Liner is a 1955 dated CCL, factory painted in the sand color – not seen that before.

HSRAC - Saudi Arabia

HSRAC - Saudi Arabia

HSRAC - Saudi Arabia

HSRAC - Saudi Arabia

HSRAC - Saudi Arabia

HSRAC - Saudi Arabia

HSRAC - Saudi Arabia

HSRAC - Saudi Arabia

There is really not a lot of information about Saudi stuff around and very few photos that I can find. I did get these images of the helmet in use in 1979

HSRAC - Saudi Arabia

HSRAC - Saudi Arabia

Feel free to post all your Saudi helmets here!

Steve

Steve...I’m confused..is this yours now...or simply posted for info.

Do you know who the EBay seller is/was pls?

?

It's mine

Really nice find Steve and the decal is near enough intact which is a huge bonus ,i love the paint scheme on this one and the overall wear and tear ,i bet you were best pleased to add this one to your collection
    Regards James

?

Thanks James, I'm actually quite surprised at how pleased I am to have this in my collection

I am not surprised Steve as i would be too ,did the the liner offer any resistance on it's removal at all
    Regards James

?

I used a small bit of WD40 on the fitting and it came off quite easily, I was more concerned about the the flap, as you can see for the cruciform pad it's not in the best condition.

I find it’s best to not trust the lifting tab. I now lever it off the post rather than pull it off from the tab.

I have a couple of old HSRAC's so welcome the tips Steve and Ade as i have never attempted a liner removal before
    Regards James

?

The trials and tribulations of LTD liner, if you are really concerned, a dab of WD40 and then push down on the clip, that will free the spring without stressing the liner and make it easier to pop off, and as Ade says get as close the to pin as possible with some kind of lever.