Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Hungarian M50 helmet

Article about: Hello to all, I want to show you this Hungarian M50 helmet, I found it in a junk shop; it is in very good condition and complete with all its parts, although it has been used. An interesting

Default Hungarian M50 helmet

Hello to all,
    I want to show you this Hungarian M50 helmet, I found it in a junk shop; it is in very good condition and complete with all its parts, although it has been used.
    An interesting piece of cold war in my opinion.

Thank you for looking.

Roberto

Hungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmet

Nice CW relict. I like the liner.

I like the ones with the red star, most dont have any markings, looks original.

Thanks battle gear,
    actually it does not have markings and, as you say, this example with the red star and the canvas interior was the most interesting of the one I've seen in recent times.

Cheers

One of my favourite helmets. It seems quite hard to find one with any markings at all. I have seven and only one has a manufacturers ink stamp (see here for some examples - .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 50 :. ) I don't know why the stamps aren't there as none of them seem to have been overpainted during their service life even though the shades of green they have vary a lot - maybe through fading. Maybe not all had any markings, I guess.

The WWH site seems to say that the shell is actually *identical* to the Ssh40, but I would disagree - its very similar, obviously, but there are (to my eye) definate differences in the slope at back and front, and the the profile of the brim. I'm trying to do a graphic that proves this but so far my image-manipulation skills are not up to the job!

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    One of my favourite helmets. It seems quite hard to find one with any markings at all. I have seven and only one has a manufacturers ink stamp (see here for some examples - .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 50 :. ) I don't know why the stamps aren't there as none of them seem to have been overpainted during their service life even though the shades of green they have vary a lot - maybe through fading. Maybe not all had any markings, I guess.

The WWH site seems to say that the shell is actually *identical* to the Ssh40, but I would disagree - its very similar, obviously, but there are (to my eye) definate differences in the slope at back and front, and the the profile of the brim. I'm trying to do a graphic that proves this but so far my image-manipulation skills are not up to the job!
    I agree, they similar, but not identical.

You can see it on this website:

Soviet helmet - post war

Yes, that gives a good indication of what I think I see. I also think that the M50 sits flatter on a horizontal surface than the Ssh40.

I have some tracings I made of the 'footprint' of the Wz50, M40, vz53 and Ssh40, and they were distinctly different, but as I am not certain I have helmets of the same shell size I'm a little reluctant to take that as absolute.

I am trying to show these differences by overlaying photographs, but so far I have not got a satisfactory result that shows the situation clearly.

?

hey guys - I'll be openning the long-promised Hungarian 50M thread within a few days - where I'll display my collection of more than 20+ M50 lids...meanwhile:

Hungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmet

You may think I am crazy, but I am genuinely excited about this, Fabe!

The Ssh 40 has many Eastern Bloc clones, like the M1, which has many Euro clones. In my opinion the Vz53 looks very similar to the Ssh 39.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast