Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iraqi?

Article about: the Iraqi M80 saw a lot of combat during the long IRAN - IRAQ WAR , many of the first Gulf war bring backs were the M80 and show signs of heavy use and probably used during both wars and up

?

Default Iraqi?

This was an impulse buy that arrived today, I believe it is Iraqi issued. Authentic looking sand was enclosed! All info and comments welcome.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi?   Iraqi?  

Iraqi?   Iraqi?  

Iraqi?   Iraqi?  

Iraqi?   Iraqi?  

Iraqi?   Iraqi?  

Attached Images Attached Images
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: Iraqi?

I have no idea about the iraqi forces but i like your lid,it is certainly different and if you get the added bonus of a peice of desert storm thrown in for free that's got to be a good thing!

nice one, it appears to be 100% original Iraqi army used and complete

I see it has the Iraqi triangle acceptance mark in the webbing and some Iraqi wring on headband

this is the South Korean export model used by Iraq

?

Thanks for the confirmation battle gear. It was advertised as an American lid, which obviously it was not, so I took a chance on it being Iraqi. About time I had a bit of good luck!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

hi andy nice M76 lid you have mate,regards minnie.

?

Thanks Minnie!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Hi Andy.

Great pick up , definitely a standard M80 Iraqi Lid of South Korean origin, I have bought a few over the years advertised as US M1 Liners, great helmets to own and collect.

great looking iraqi lid andy and im glad im not the only one to have an interest in these, and also it bears a resemblance to the us m1 so will blend in nicely with your collection ive noticed some examples that are fitted with the bundeswehr helmet netting and some even wear cammo covers thanks for sharing james
    Last edited by James C; 09-08-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi Andy.

Great pick up , definitely a standard M80 Iraqi Lid of South Korean origin, I have bought a few over the years advertised as US M1 Liners, great helmets to own and collect.
    To true Gnu,I've also seen these Iraqi M80,s advertised as M1 Inners.The Iraqi's version of a composite ballistic lid,Seen some scary images of these things ripped to pieces.
    Issued as "Combat Helmet Psychological"
    Cheers
    Dave

Outstanding looking helmet, I don't think you can have too many of these I too have seen many listed as something other than what they were, that's how I picked up our Iraqi M90.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast