Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iraqi Fedayeen helmet.

Article about: Hello, Here's my Iraqi Fedayeen helmet, was brought back by Coalition Forces soldier, and only has straps, no liner. I removed good reproduction of Saddam profile insignia, added by previous

Default Iraqi Fedayeen helmet.

Hello,

Here's my Iraqi Fedayeen helmet, was brought back by Coalition Forces soldier, and only has straps, no liner.
    I removed good reproduction of Saddam profile insignia, added by previous owner. Helmet came from Iraq without badge.
    I am shocked at the poor quality of helmet (fibreglass white then painted black) I heard about it, and... It's all true.

Kind Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi Fedayeen helmet.   Iraqi Fedayeen helmet.  

Iraqi Fedayeen helmet.   Iraqi Fedayeen helmet.  

Iraqi Fedayeen helmet.  

darth vader is that you?

Hi Alex I might be able to aid you with the webbing suspension that is missing. Iraqi Iraq Military Army Helmet with Camo Net Cover | eBay this guy is selling this on eBay now. This is an Iraqi variant of the M80 but the webbing suspension is the same but lighter green and the leather sweatband is brown not black. Unfortunately you would have to take it out of that helmet to put it in the fedayeen one. I have took some pics of my fedayeen with the suspension from the M80 variant model. You could even search round to find a cheaper one else where but just something you might want to consider. I know secretly you would like to try that baby on and say 'Luke I am your father'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi Fedayeen helmet.   Iraqi Fedayeen helmet.  

Hello Ian,

Thank you kindly for the information and link. I would prefer to leave it, how it is. In my humble opinion, interesting combat look.

Cheers
    Alex

Hello alex ,a fine looking example and construction wise you are spot on with it having no ballistic qualities ,ian has just taken the words out of my mouth as i was going to suggest the exact same fix ,the liner has probably just rattled loose on yours as mine has a sloppy fit on the slider mounts ,i would suggest going one further and dyeing the m80/03 liner webbing black but if you want more authenticity you could just leave it all as original ,i decided to keep mine original but just display the representation saddam oval on the peak instead
    thanks james
    Last edited by James C; 09-01-2016 at 06:59 PM.

imagine getting captured in darth vader helmet during the desert storm :-)
    great helmets guys !

James, Thank you very much for your comment and suggestion. I really appreciate it. I need to think about it, to be honest. You have spectacular collection. Thanks for the photo!
    Meyle77, Also, Many thanks! I am glad you like it.

Cheers
    Alex

Your very welcome alex i think you, ian and myself are in a small minority perhaps even count our selves lucky to own one of these as so many were deliberately destroyed ,im sure you will of seen the photograph of the bulldozer flattening loads of them with its bucket ,each fed helmet shows its own unique appearance, regarding your example i notice where your saddam oval was fixed yours was underpainted black so yours must of had two coats before the rubberised stipple texture finish was applied ,mine shows the fibreglass resin weave instead,also to note as ian pointed out about the webbing the nape strap and chinstrap including the crude buckle are also m80/03 trhough and through ,also out of interest can as ask what number stamping is on your top inner crown coolmilitaria thanks, james Iraqi Fedayeen helmet.Iraqi Fedayeen helmet.

Would really like the Saddam badge real or repro on this lid. I have looked around for one and never see them only ones that have been sold or displayed

James, Thank you for your comment, I always wonder, how many Fed. Helmet were produced. As you say many were destroyed. Every helmet has a diffrent number? Here's photo of numbers stamping on my top inner crown. Thank you

Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi Fedayeen helmet.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast