Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iraqi para helmet.

Article about: Hi Group, it has been a Longggg time since I posted anything. I bought this as a polish para helmet and when it came today i thought the camo looked middle eastern, then saw the name, sand a

Default Iraqi para helmet.

Hi Group, it has been a Longggg time since I posted anything. I bought this as a polish para helmet and when it came today i thought the camo looked middle eastern, then saw the name, sand and flash to the rear and thought I think it's Iraqi,,, But I had never seen one, so I asked a few collectors on fb, and it turns out it's a pretty rare Iraqi para helmet but i want to know just how rare. It will be for sale once I get some info on it. Hope you like
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi para helmet.   Iraqi para helmet.  

Iraqi para helmet.   Iraqi para helmet.  

Iraqi para helmet.   Iraqi para helmet.  

Iraqi para helmet.  

Well that is definitely a Polish para helmet as also used by the Nationale Volksarmee in the DDR but I doubt this example is anything to do with Iraqi forces as they as far as I recall did not have any paratroops when this type of helmet was current nor do they presently. It could however, be Iranian as I believe they have habitually used Eastern Bloc equipment and did/do have paratroops..
    I am happy to be corrected of course. It's an interesting helmet in any case.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-04-2023 at 04:45 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi Mark thank you for that, I'll be honest i was pretty stummped myself mate,, So i email William Perez who said Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the message! While it's hard to prove anything as the helmet technically isn't Iraqi, it really looks like a nice example. Overall I think this has a great chance of being an Iraqi paratrooper helmet. Very rare!

If I can help any further, please let me know!
    Sincerely,

Whats´ about Syria, or, Egypt ?

Quote by combathelmets247 View Post
    ... While it's hard to prove anything as the helmet technically isn't Iraqi, it really looks like a nice example. Overall I think this has a great chance of being an Iraqi paratrooper helmet. Very rare!

Polish WZ-63 Airborne helmet

In very small numbers they were shipped to the middle east, i found 6 pics of them being worn and 2 in tan camo.

These are the only colour pics i can find with Sand camo being applied..
    Attached Images Attached Images Iraqi para helmet.  Iraqi para helmet. 

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Whats´ about Syria, or, Egypt ?
    Exactly so!
    My point was that it is very unlikely to have been an Iraqi possession but if it was then not as a "para" helmet.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

well its been highlighted as a very rare iraqi para helmet and theres a few big time collectors chasing it, ones writing a ref book about iraqi helmets so i have said hes more than welcome to use the helmet in his book , Then i may sell it on

Quote by combathelmets247 View Post
    These are the only colour pics i can find with Sand camo being applied..
    Both Syrian and Egyptian para wings look a bit like that as far as one can tell from the picture quality and whilst it is almost impossible to discern the camouflage pattern of the uniforms there is a pattern worn by special forces of the Syrian Interior Ministry that looks similar.

Regards

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast